Show off your prints!

I will start this by stating that I own a Canon Pro100 and really enjoy the prints I have created, but I have started to look at printing larger 24x36in etc. Have done a few in the past and have no doubts m43 can handle it.

Thought it would be neat to start a thread where we can show off our prints. Show them framed, mounted, on the wall etc. Let's get away from pixels and technical talk and see some finished projects. I would start, but I currently do not have anything done at our new home.

I did do a search and didn't see a thread quite like this one, if there is I apologize.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
I don't have anything to post currently, but I am working on a project...

I recently purchased a Logan mat cutter just before Covid-19 restrictions kicked in, but I did not have any mat board to use it with. I fixed that problem with an online purchase, so I now have the mat board I need.

I am looking at doing a gallery-style presentation of four small 8 by10 prints, double matted and put in 12 by 14 inch frames (2 inch borders on all sides). I ordered some prints yesterday, and still need to get glass for the frames (I am going to buy regular window glass from Lowe's or Home Depot - no fancy UV or anti-reflective glass for this project). This will be going up on the office wall in our home. I am looking forward to seeing how it looks. Once I have the frames assembled and in place it should not be difficult to rotate photos in and out whenever we get bored with what's showing.

I will post a photo once I have something up on the wall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have anything to post currently, but I am working on a project...

I will post a photo once I have something up on the wall.
Will be awesome to see the end result. I should have a few things to show soon.

We have an old window 100+ yrs old that came from a Nebraska farm house. I stripped all of the old lead paint which was a shame because it definitely had character. Painted it flat black, saved the original glass broke 2 our of 12. It will hang above the fireplace and we will rotate pictures from our vacation every year.

We recently just ordered a canvas print from our wedding day 8 yrs ago now, and our first print from the day.

I am looking into options to print a photo across our living room wall. Have a few options I'm looking at and probably canvas being I took it and we are looking at a 60" wide print. Will have to do some upscaling and test prints to check quality. Example of what I'm thinking below.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I will start this by stating that I own a Canon Pro100 and really enjoy the prints I have created, but I have started to look at printing larger 24x36in etc. Have done a few in the past and have no doubts m43 can handle it.

Thought it would be neat to start a thread where we can show off our prints. Show them framed, mounted, on the wall etc. Let's get away from pixels and technical talk and see some finished projects. I would start, but I currently do not have anything done at our new home.

I did do a search and didn't see a thread quite like this one, if there is I apologize.
Also I hope participants will give details about who, where and how as far as the print processing goes as this is something I would like to do. There is a guy here on mu4/3 that has a print shop and shoots 4/3's.

I had my first print delivered today, it was actually not an image I took, but one from our wedding back in 2012. We got married in Hawaii and never had prints made, so I wanted to test out a few canvas printing companies before I started to order anything more.

Decided to try CanvasHQ and I have to say I don't think I need to try any others. Quality is great, loved that they send a proof for approval before proceeding, it's stretched perfect, lots of bracing, so many staples they are almost touching, and color matched my calibrated monitor perfectly.

Bad quality cell phone picture can get more if anyone has other questions or want to see details of workmanship. 20x30 only .75 thick better for high traffic areas.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
I often enter into contests with my own shots and then printing them. If I win, they get framed along with the ribbon and brass plaque. I try and keep the same style of frame, suede mat, museum (non-reflective) glass, and size for the wall at home.

I use to use Aaron Brothers Framing, but seems they folded and got taken over by Micheal's Art Supply. Some of the wood frames moved to them. I had my framing details with Aaron Brothers and they matched them pretty well.

Below is a composite of several years of blue ribbons. I needed one more to finish the set but seems all the contests are gone with the virus. Maybe next year.

1st-Places.jpg

I have several printers but mostly use the Epson 3880's (17" width). One is loaded with Cone pigments and their H-D black ink. The other is loaded with dye inks as I like their vibrancy better on white gloss film papers like the Mitsubishi Pictorico or metallic papers. I use a couple of x-rite calibration tools: i1 PhotoPro 2, Colormunki Photo, and Display Pro 2.

The most expensive frame I had made (~$750) was some wooden fabric thing with a small wood filigree inset on a canvas print that I hand-painted with some clear thick gel to resemble an oil painting. Turned out well, but it's NSFW. Others are maybe 2x3 feet with those piano lights looking lights on top connected to a main dimmer. I had to dip the two small lamps in them in some Martha Stewart transparent glass colorants from Micheal's Art Supply so they'd match daylight.

Framing gets very expensive! :eek:

Last edited:
I often enter into contests with my own shots and then printing them. If I win, they get framed along with the ribbon and brass plaque. I try and keep the same style of frame, suede mat, museum (non-reflective) glass, and size for the wall at home.

I use to use Aaron Brothers Framing, but seems they folded and got taken over by Micheal's Art Supply. Some of the wood frames moved to them. I had my framing details with Aaron Brothers and they matched them pretty well.

View attachment 849482
Framing gets very expensive! :eek:
Awesome idea and great pictures. What's the largest you have went with m43?

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Awesome idea and great pictures. What's the largest you have went with m43?
Thanks! :thumbup:

Largest would be probably 17x25 since i have several boxes of that cut size (Red River paper provides that size.), and some I cut off of 17" rolls that I buy. Some are canvas so that helps out the smaller m43 format being a rough surface. The last one of the sunset bike trail was on 13x19 Pictorico white film with dye ink and it sort of "Wowed!" the City of Commerce woman who runs the outfit. It was too big for the contest mandated size of 11x14 so it went to that city's CoC and it got me some outside work.

Most all of the above were 11x14 entries and the frames work out to be about 22" square. The 17x25 are framed to about 2x3 feet and quite large for a wall. A 24" printer would likely be too much along with framing and a 3"-4" at. The brass picture frame lights above them are about 14.5" wide so they fit the 17" wide prints well. I ran three of the large frames with the lights through one central dimmer switch for moods.

Frame lights I use:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Westinghouse-Antique-Brass-14-in-Picture-Light-7505300/206601455

Transparent Glass Paint for the two T6 light bulbs in above fixture I dyed blue for daylight balance instead of warm orange they normally glow at:
https://www.amazon.com/Magicdo-Stai...NQ0JA?ref_=ws_cp_3e235d110a7d23f24c48_p_2_t_p

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I got some frames from Amazon the other day, so decided to spruce up a blank hallway wall with some b&w images from an April photo challenge. The frames came with mats for 5x7, 8x10 and 11x14. I didn't care for the skinny 11x14 mats, I think b&w looks good with a large white mat, and the hallway is narrow, so you're fairly close to the images.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom