Show: Musical Instruments

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Here's my 'looking down the fingerboard' shot that I took 3 years ago. Taken with E-M1 & Sigma 150mm F2.8 DG HSM lens & processed in Capture One.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
Em1 mkII 12-40mm

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
A nice set of photos with all the typical fittings on that violin, Teka chinrest but with padding, Wolf Forte Primo shoulder rest & Tourte rubber mute (the cheaper USA models work just fine though) with a G A Milner fitted bridge (N Yorkshire?). ;)
I wonder if that wing crack is solidly glued (& cleated) or moving? Something that can occur a bit too often.

Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
A nice set of photos with all the typical fittings on that violin, Teka chinrest but with padding, Wolf Forte Primo shoulder rest & Tourte rubber mute (the cheaper USA models work just fine though) with a G A Milner fitted bridge (N Yorkshire?). ;)
I wonder if that wing crack is solidly glued (& cleated) or moving? Something that can occur a bit too often.
She's had it about twenty years, and an original from the 19th century.

I refused to even touch it, and had Hannah place it wherever I needed it

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
She's had it about twenty years, and an original from the 19th century.

I refused to even touch it, and had Hannah place it wherever I needed it

View attachment 628209
A nice violin but she is attractive too. I had a person drop in yesterday for a replacement string & I let him put it on because I think it was a Vuillaume & worth double the value of my house. He wants a replacement bridge so I will be feeling a little nervous doing it. My violin is over 200 years old, but it's not that valuable, although something bought while young while I didn't have other financial considerations (like having enough to live off during retirement). The fiddle in my thumbnail is a modified Skylark with recarved plates, hollowed fingerboard & grafted long peg box etc & made into a Hardanger styled fiddle (just to play the Rohirrin theme from Lord of the Rings). I've since replaced the resonant string's pegs with internal geared Wittner ones instead of the string benders (in the peg box). I was using it later for playing Scottish fiddle music & other folk type music. Note the Teka chinrest. ;)

leuallen

Mu-43 Regular
The local Legion host a free music concert every summer Thursday at 6:00. A lot of the better local and not so local performers play. Blues, folk, and country. Some really good music. Tonight we had a spoons player, guitar, and a slide guitar as well. At the end a local guy sat in and he was pretty good.

It is very informal and I can move around at will and get in close when I want to. This gives great opportunity for photos.

Pictured here is Stumpy and his washtub base. He is quite the colorful character. The base is a wash tub (of course) covered with stickers, the neck is a canoe paddle, and the feet (not shown) are toilet bowl plungers. Recently in a larger city near here, a performer acknowledged to be one of the best bass players in the world (can't remember name), was promoting at a music store. Stumpy drug his bass there and the guy play it a little, gave his approval, and autographed it.

The second image is getting ready to pluck. The third is result, deed done. No motor drive, just reflexes. Of course I took about six or seven sequences and got lucky on one.

EM-1 II with 75 1.8 at 1.8, ISO 6400, 250 sec. Outdoors under roof with very dark overcast storm clouds, thus the ISO. Normally 1600 works here.

Larry

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
PRS

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
My wife is thinking of moving her father's viola on to someone who might better appreciate it. He bought it in Paris around 80 years ago. It was old then. My task was to photograph it. Lens: PC-Nikkor 28mm f/3.5. Background: black velvet. Don't believe the EXIF. Yes, I used the Pen-F at 200 iso. But, it was a nice, dark day - perfect for the task - and exposure times were generally around 10 sec.

f/5.6

The rest, f/11

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Some square pix for my Bandcamp music.
Below A Replica Tweed Deluxe DIY 5e3 kit amp from Tube Depot. And a 70s Classic Fender Strat I got back in 1999. A great combination for studio recording.

Below, a Martin 12 fret dreadnought used in the studio. It has a Fishman piezo and K&K 3 dot sensor for pickups. Output is very powerful, and great for blues and finger picking.

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I built this tenor ukulele over a period of 6 weeks. Started with a Stew Mac kit, added side sound port with Cocobolo reinforcing ring, curly Koa bindings, and a K&K pickup.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Some square pix for my Bandcamp music.
Below A Replica Tweed Deluxe DIY 5e3 kit amp from Tube Depot. And a 70s Classic Fender Strat I got back in 1999. A great combination for studio recording.
Nice project on the Fender amp. I viewed your video on YouTube.

How is this for color & WB adjustment? Better?

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
New addition to the family on the right . . .

Arundo Donax

Mu-43 Veteran
EM-5, 75mm F/1.8

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom