Show "Motorcycles"

I love these. Whenever I see one (rare!) I want one. No idea if they are any good or not?

They are good, but not particularly exhilerating to ride.
Last year I took a class (BRP does discounted sessions, $75 for two days) where they provide various models of can-am to participants. I was mostly attracted to the styling and was imagining doing a west coast road trip (Seattle to San Diego) if I got convinced enough after the class.
I wasn't. But that could probably be because I already ride 2 wheeler (Triumps Street Triple or Yamaha FZ09) and these things do not even come near to fun factor of a proper motorcycle. However they do appeal to a particular section of buyers who had to end up giving riding for health reasons or are just not comfortable riding 2 wheels.
I have to say, these are very comfortable even in their sportiest configuration and can be made super comfy by adding sofa like seats.
I ended up not buying it but one day when I am too old to balance properly on 2 wheels I will definitely consider these. For now I am ok with loud and bats**t crazy nakeds, no matter how uncomfortable they are (compared to canam). Thanks to that class though, I passed my exam and got the endorsement to ride trikes.

Edit: I rode Canam F3 for the class. It looks significantly different than the one pictured above. Just imagine taking the one in photo and stripping most of the plastic you see.

Last edited:

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
This was just fooling around trying to figure out ocf with my nikon before it and all of my camera kit was stolen.Fortunately they didn't have time to take the bikes!
custom settings-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
2018.08.23_13.05.34.jpg

Mike Peters

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Peters
My new ride...

092019_4137_Royal Enfield Continental GT.jpg

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I usually don't like to see images on this forums taken with cameras different than the Micro 4/3, and here I am posting one from a Fuji :blush: :hide:
To my defense it's taken with a refitted lens that I have used extensively on my Olympus cameras but just recently adapted one to work on Fuji (it's a fixed lens, so no swapping systems via a simple adapter).
The rendering is substantially different: shallower depth of field and more glowy/dreamy in the highlights (maybe just with this copy?)

Fuji XT-1 with refitted F.Zuiko 32mm f1.7 (wide open)

48773296346_6962a5d354_h.jpg
Mt Glorious by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So cool. I always want one of these.
Remember the old magazine add with the leggy blonde chick with the open blouse?
I do.... :)

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
So cool. I always want one of these.
Remember the old magazine add with the leggy blonde chick with the open blouse?
I do.... :)

Looked better than they rode in my experience. Not as tractor-ish as the Guzzi of the same era, but not that far from it...

Per usual, YMMV.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I wanted one Ron, but all I could afford as a young man was one of these..
E324A346-BA52-486F-B407-13AF5B03FB46.jpeg

I can’t say anything bad about that Honda though. Bulletproof through and through. An enjoyable bike and great value.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
I wanted one Ron, but all I could afford as a young man was one of these..
View attachment 776935
I can’t say anything bad about that Honda though. Bulletproof through and through. An enjoyable bike and great value.

Never did ride one of these, but other than the looks, I suspect it was a more enjoyable ride than the BMW (beautiful as it was). I had a CB350 and it was a delightful little thing. I should have really kept it (and the NX650 I had). Honda made some wonderful machines in the past (they might still do, I have not ridden a modern Honda or almost any modern motorcycle to be fair).

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think they are making new classics these days for guys like us!
That GL500 I posted pic of was the cruiser model of the CX500 cafe style thing. Liquid cooled, shaft drive, horizontal v twin.
Going through a corner with no throttle on or not decelerating would induce a slight wobble, which at first was a bit alarming. :)
Did thousands of miles on it, never any trouble...

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Congrats, seem like fun bikes. I found their single 500cc underwhelming, but the new twin is actually tempting! And the chrome tank is a peach!

RE_ChromeTank.jpeg

Local shop just sold this one while I was there for some work on my agricultural device. :D

AgriculturalDevice.jpeg

Mike Peters

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Peters
I used to have an 02 Guzzi V11 Sport. Nice bike, lots of issues. Since then I had an SV 650, nice bike, not so many problems, but it was on '02, so carbs were becoming impossible with today's gas. As I get older I don't need so much power.

The roads I like to ride on, very tight and technical, are very well served with the Royal Enfield which has great fuel delivery and I can wring it out for all it's got. I like it a lot so far.

Needs suspension work, just like every other bike I've ever owned, and I've had a lot over the years.

Take one for a test ride, they are very satisfying and a throwback to more simple times.

Congrats, seem like fun bikes. I found their single 500cc underwhelming, but the new twin is actually tempting! And the chrome tank is a peach!

View attachment 776997

Local shop just sold this one while I was there for some work on my agricultural device. :D

View attachment 776996

Latest threads

Top Bottom