Show "Motorcycles"

Don W

Mu-43 Regular
At a cruise night in 2019. EM5II, Oly 9-18. "It's not a motorcycle, baby, it's a chopper."
50192318.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yeah they have what amounts to a fancy BOB trailer for it. I got it so I could use it to grade my gravel driveway instead of my jeep. They say it can tow 3000 lbs. It didn't seem right though. I think I'll go back to the jeep.

-Joe
Is that a little Diesel in the Rokon? Very cool. We had a quite similar style farm bike that was built in New Zealand, the Mountain Goat. Used a couple of different small Japanese 2 stroke motorcycle engines. I actually had one, stole then engine out of it when one of my standard traditional Japanese dirt bikes blew up. Suzuki TS 90 :)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Spotted this very pretty custom build at a car show over the weekend. Very nicely done
Honda racer.jpg
Honda 2.jpg
Honda engine.jpg
Honda rear.jpg

Bit annoyed with myself, as I shot a few more frames, but DOF ended up a bit too shallow. How often do you hear that about m4/3? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
For example, focus was precisely where I placed it on the velocity stacks, but the DOF was too thin to catch the Honda wings on the tank
too thin .jpg

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
For example, focus was precisely where I placed it on the velocity stacks, but the DOF was too thin to catch the Honda wings on the tank
View attachment 881631
Yeah. Love the BS about "DoF 'control' ".

Try this, at f/11 ...

E-M1_MkII_JAK_2017-_8281923_Ew.jpg

Almost "infinite DoF" ... OMG, ROTFLMFAO!

With cars, bikes and machinery in general it can be very difficult to obtain adequately deep DoF.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yeah. Love the BS about "DoF 'control' ".

Try this, at f/11 ...

View attachment 881632

Almost "infinite DoF" ... OMG, ROTFLMFAO!

With cars, bikes and machinery in general it can be very difficult to obtain adequately deep DoF.
Oh absolutely. Weirdly enough, one of the lenses I have the most difficulty with at times, is my 10mm Laowa. Strange but true. Because DOF is so greatly influenced by distance to subject, and subject to background, it gets easily out of hand with the wide angle when shooting normal sized subjects. Yet you hear people talking about ultrawides having infinite DOF so often. It's a bit like macro shooting, but it doesn't seem to register for a lot of people.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Oh absolutely. Weirdly enough, one of the lenses I have the most difficulty with at times, is my 10mm Laowa. Strange but true. Because DOF is so greatly influenced by distance to subject, and subject to background, it gets easily out of hand with the wide angle when shooting normal sized subjects. Yet you hear people talking about ultrawides having infinite DOF so often. It's a bit like macro shooting, but it doesn't seem to register for a lot of people.
Same with my 7-14 and 11-22 ...

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
From a spin I did on Sunday. I need a helmet with a sombrero attached, it was sunny!
P4041125.JPEG

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
How rude
Is that the bike steaming or you fuming? 🙄

Were you able to right it on your own?
well, kind of my fault for tiring out the bike so much that she needed a nap right there and then...
Bike was easy to pick back up, it's relatively light, much lighter than those so called adventure bikes. Getting a steady footing in the slippery mud was the actual challenge

well, kind of my fault for tiring out the bike so much that she needed a nap right there and then...
Bike was easy to pick back up, it's relatively light, much lighter than those so called adventure bikes. Getting a steady footing in the slippery mud was the actual challenge
I saw those two foot marks in the mud. Yukky stuff.

That's the sort of things horses do when they've had enough. Lie down on the rider ☺️

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom