Show "Motorcycles"

Real Name
Mike Peters
My new ride...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I usually don't like to see images on this forums taken with cameras different than the Micro 4/3, and here I am posting one from a Fuji :blush: :hide:
To my defense it's taken with a refitted lens that I have used extensively on my Olympus cameras but just recently adapted one to work on Fuji (it's a fixed lens, so no swapping systems via a simple adapter).
The rendering is substantially different: shallower depth of field and more glowy/dreamy in the highlights (maybe just with this copy?)

Fuji XT-1 with refitted F.Zuiko 32mm f1.7 (wide open)

Mt Glorious by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
So cool. I always want one of these.
Remember the old magazine add with the leggy blonde chick with the open blouse?
I do.... :)

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
So cool. I always want one of these.
Remember the old magazine add with the leggy blonde chick with the open blouse?
I do.... :)
Looked better than they rode in my experience. Not as tractor-ish as the Guzzi of the same era, but not that far from it...

Per usual, YMMV.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I wanted one Ron, but all I could afford as a young man was one of these..

I can’t say anything bad about that Honda though. Bulletproof through and through. An enjoyable bike and great value.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
I wanted one Ron, but all I could afford as a young man was one of these..
View attachment 776935
I can’t say anything bad about that Honda though. Bulletproof through and through. An enjoyable bike and great value.
Never did ride one of these, but other than the looks, I suspect it was a more enjoyable ride than the BMW (beautiful as it was). I had a CB350 and it was a delightful little thing. I should have really kept it (and the NX650 I had). Honda made some wonderful machines in the past (they might still do, I have not ridden a modern Honda or almost any modern motorcycle to be fair).

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think they are making new classics these days for guys like us!
That GL500 I posted pic of was the cruiser model of the CX500 cafe style thing. Liquid cooled, shaft drive, horizontal v twin.
Going through a corner with no throttle on or not decelerating would induce a slight wobble, which at first was a bit alarming. :)
Did thousands of miles on it, never any trouble...

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Congrats, seem like fun bikes. I found their single 500cc underwhelming, but the new twin is actually tempting! And the chrome tank is a peach!

Local shop just sold this one while I was there for some work on my agricultural device. :D

Real Name
Mike Peters
I used to have an 02 Guzzi V11 Sport. Nice bike, lots of issues. Since then I had an SV 650, nice bike, not so many problems, but it was on '02, so carbs were becoming impossible with today's gas. As I get older I don't need so much power.

The roads I like to ride on, very tight and technical, are very well served with the Royal Enfield which has great fuel delivery and I can wring it out for all it's got. I like it a lot so far.

Needs suspension work, just like every other bike I've ever owned, and I've had a lot over the years.

Take one for a test ride, they are very satisfying and a throwback to more simple times.

Congrats, seem like fun bikes. I found their single 500cc underwhelming, but the new twin is actually tempting! And the chrome tank is a peach!

View attachment 776997

Local shop just sold this one while I was there for some work on my agricultural device. :D

View attachment 776996

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Out with the wife.
custom settings-3.jpg

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wife!
custom settings-6.jpg

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@Acraftman: Couple years ago, wife was at home with the kid, last big trip for me.

13_colorado.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom