Show "Motorcycles"

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am not sure how the new ones are, but the old ones were a bit of a cement mixer, they would shake quite hard until you hit about 4000 rpm, so you usually had to ride them hard to be comfortable.
I've got a 625 SXC, and a 690 Duke. The 690 is magnitudes smoother than the 625, at lower revs. I think the biggest problem with the older LC4 engines, was that the owners wanted to gear them tall, and try and ride them around like an old school Thumper. Lug them around at low revs. They hate that, love to rev. They're one of the very early short stroke/big bore high performance 4 stroke singles that are built to rev. Roller bearing crankshaft, roller bearing big end, roller rockers, roller bearing cam, everything designed to spin hard. You had 2 choices if you wanted smooth. Either ride around a gear lower, or gear down with a larger rear sprocket. I'm personally happy just to cruise along at about 120 km/hr, where it's rather comfortable, and we're both in our happy place :)

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
My DR is such a slob, just like me.. ha!
Put some pics up of your bikes please speedy.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My DR is such a slob, just like me.. ha!
Put some pics up of your bikes please speedy.
I'll have to go fire up the computer, and do a bit of looking for some SXC shots :)

Can you tell I like KTM's. I've got 2 wheel sets for the SXC, Motard and dirt. Motard wheels on in this shot
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
I’m so out of touch, I didn’t know such bikes existed.
Stuck in a time warp. Looks real nice. Comfortable, sporty, and speedy!
I think that’d suit me just fine....

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I’m so out of touch, I didn’t know such bikes existed.
Stuck in a time warp. Looks real nice. Comfortable, sporty, and speedy!
I think that’d suit me just fine....
The latest 690 is even smoother again. Mine has the single counterbalancer at the crank, the latest one has another in the head as well. Supposed to be magic. I haven't ridden one, so can't comment. In saying that, I'm getting around to selling my 690. I'll keep the 625 I think, just for the occasional blatt I seem to do now. The 690 is smoother, makes more power (70 vs about 55), is more civilized, but doesn't have that aggressive, I want to bite you feel to it. The 625 is raw and basic. Only the bare necessities. Just an engine, wheels, seat, lights and handlebars. Great fun, feels illegal riding it around on the street :)
The 690 is all electronic, fly by wire throttle, fuel injection, ABS, anti-stoppie, 3 or 4 different ride modes, closed loop O2 sensor and catalytic converter, the 625 just has a Keihin flatslide, and competition exhaust. Old school :) I want to pop a Rallye cam in it at some stage. Just to give it a little bit more bark :)

Last edited:

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
I want a 625 too...! :)
Nah, just kidding. I’d freak out.
They both nice alright.
I sold my boat in 2016 and walked into local suzi shop a bought the DR. When I was 20, I had the very first xr500 and later on I bought the last one they made before they went to the 600. Those were the days! Bloody basic, headlight was useless. Out in the wop wops, I’d have to wait for a car to go past and then follow it! No indicators either, hand signals only. Be hopeless now, but back then, it was legal.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
...The 690 is smoother, makes more power (70 vs about 55), is more civilized, but doesn't have that aggressive, I want to bite you feel to it. The 625 is raw and basic. Only the bare necessities. Just an engine, wheels, seat, lights and handlebars. Great fun, feels illegal riding it around on the street :)
I want a 625 too...! :)
Nah, just kidding. I’d freak out.
I know what you mean! I once had a test ride on a Husky 450 SM and just about did freak out. I had never felt such intensity in my life on any road-legal bike. Jolly thing barely weighed 100 kg.

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
Since we seem to be on orange bikes now...

Panasonic GX85 with adapted Pentax M 50/1.7.

Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Built in Swalmen Holland from parts made in Milwaukee.
P1030860.jpg

Last edited:

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Sigma Pantel 135mm 2.8 w/speed booster

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom