Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
View attachment 762835
Please explain DK 3955 LP by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Scooter with training wheels? Some other reason besides balance? What am I missing here?

Spotted on the streets of Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. Apologies for the poorly framed photo.
Perhaps for a disabled rider? I have a paraplegic friend, who wanted to continue riding motorcycles, after the accident that caused the paraplegia. Her partner and I designed/built a couple of different versions of training wheels that retracted above a certain speed, to facilitate this. That could, possibly, be a budget version of the same concept. Only guessing.
I see both "training wheels" are independently suspended, which you really need, to stop any bumps/potholes etc spearing you of in an unintended direction.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
It is with tremendous sadness that I post this. It has been reported on both Pentax and Fuji forums that our own Denny ( @CWRailman ) passed away last month in a motorcycle accident.

Denny was an avid motorcyclist, a lover of trains and a very valued member of this site, amongst other things being a chief proponent of the diminutive GM5 body. I always enjoyed his input and as a fellow rider felt a sense of affinity with his chosen hobbies. RIP , Denny, you will be missed. May your roads be long and enjoyable, wherever you may be.

Condolences to family and friends.

A photo in his memory. Ride on, lad, ride on.

P6260352_Nik_DxO_DxO-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

stevedo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
A little messing around on the Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia :)

panamike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK it's electric but I don't think he cares

4Paul

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Paul Keller

'A nice piece of machienery' is what my photographic eye was looking for. This fits the bill although I am no bike enthusiast. (please let me live!)

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
48387287832_e5cc333a4f_o.jpg

Love these KTMs, one of my favorite bikes was a '97 RXC/e - which is the previous version of this bike. These things go anywhere.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi

I don't think I've put a shot of my latest ride here yet. Sold the HD in 2017 and replaced it with this F3-S. This pic was taken earlier this month in Glacier National Park, on a 5,600 mile road trip. For the trip, I put a nice Shad box on the back rack, but this was a day trip so it's at the hotel. Besides carrying my µ4/3 gear (in the top of the Kuryakyn bag), I've got a GoPro Hero7 mounted right in front of my left mirror (controlled by my iPhone on my handlebars). I got some great time-lapse with the GoPro on Beartooth and Needles Hwy, among others.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
I would love one of those Ron...
Would be perfect where I am.
I am not sure how the new ones are, but the old ones were a bit of a cement mixer, they would shake quite hard until you hit about 4000 rpm, so you usually had to ride them hard to be comfortable. The rxc/e was not that bad, but I had a ktm Duke before it and sold it when I realized I would crash sooner or later, could not ride it without a lot of throttle.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Oh, that’s not so good.
My DR650 is nice and smooth, but lacking the excitement...
Probably just as well.

Taken with my phone I think, cant remember.

Last edited:

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
Oh, that’s not so good.
My DR650 is nice and smooth, but lacking the excitement...
Probably just as well.
View attachment 764455
Never had a chance to ride one but I suspect that for most uses it is great. I had a Honda nx650 that I sold to get my first ktm, and I wish I never had, it did everything really well but I wanted the excitement. To be fair, when you are in the zone, the ktm was wonderful, and faster and more exciting, but it was harder to enjoy it every time as I did with the Honda.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom