Show "Motorcycles"

John M Flores

Super Moderator
My favorite motorcycle was an old Honda NX650 (a bit more street oriented than the KLR, but the same idea, basically). Should have never sold that bike.
I had one - NX650 Dominator - until an SUV turned in front of me. My front wheel hit the door, the forks bent, the back end came up, hesitated in the air for a second, and then came crashing back down to terra firma. I somehow managed to land on my feet. The bike though was a total loss.

John M Flores

Super Moderator

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
Just a quick driveway shot of my '08 600rr. 10yrs old but I just can't part w/her. I just put another set of Pirelli tires on it and switched to a Yosh RS5 carbon pipe to make sure I have too much in it to sell or trade!

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
Omg! And still going!
Got my licence on one of those.
Would not surprise me if it was restored once or twice - these old bikes were not built to last decades. About 10 years ago I restored a 1971 CB350 - a friend was racing the CB350 vintage races and gave me all the street parts he took off 2 bikes, a 1970 and a 1972. Nothing fit. At these times - Honda would make continuous changes every year.

SandyO

Mu-43 Regular

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Just a quick driveway shot of my '08 600rr. 10yrs old but I just can't part w/her. I just put another set of Pirelli tires on it and switched to a Yosh RS5 carbon pipe to make sure I have too much in it to sell or trade!
View attachment 700052
I rode that bike at the '07 press intro at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama. What a great bike. Honda brought an '06 for comparison and the '07 was noticeably better - smoother, more power, more precise. And then it started raining and the Dunlop tire crew spooned on some rain tires and sent us back out. Grip levels were just as good as the dry.

Motorcycle: 2007 Honda CBR600RR in repose by John Flores, on Flickr

Garage at Barber by John Flores, on Flickr

Good memories of a great bike...

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Charlie
1979 GS1000 Suzuki. Sorry folks, taken with a Pentax K200 before I got my Olympus. Two shots, one naked, one dressed and then simply blended. Easy, peasy.
View attachment 701966IMGP3336A by soates50, on Flickr[/QUO
1979 GS1000 Suzuki. Sorry folks, taken with a Pentax K200 before I got my Olympus. Two shots, one naked, one dressed and then simply blended. Easy, peasy.
View attachment 701966IMGP3336A by soates50, on Flickr
love the GS 1000
More pics, with the Olympus please...

Wibbly23

Mu-43 Regular

before my rc51 i had a 600rr. it was an phenomenal bike, albeit perhaps just a bit boring. just a scalpel in the handling department though. i miss it some days

botm_03 by William Glancy, on Flickr

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
I rode that bike at the '07 press intro at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama. What a great bike. Honda brought an '06 for comparison and the '07 was noticeably better - smoother, more power, more precise. And then it started raining and the Dunlop tire crew spooned on some rain tires and sent us back out. Grip levels were just as good as the dry.

View attachment 702634Motorcycle: 2007 Honda CBR600RR in repose by John Flores, on Flickr

View attachment 702635Garage at Barber by John Flores, on Flickr

Good memories of a great bike...
Love the white...wow. Those clunky turn signals were the first thing I replaced if I remember correctly along w/the pipe and fender eliminator kit. I was never really happy with the pipe so I finally switched it again for the RS5. Much better now. It's sitting in the garage growling at me because of all the rain lately. Barber is only a couple hours drive from me. I really need to check it out this year. Never been, but watched many a race there on youtube. I could easily make a weekend out of that.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Love the white...wow. Those clunky turn signals were the first thing I replaced if I remember correctly along w/the pipe and fender eliminator kit. I was never really happy with the pipe so I finally switched it again for the RS5. Much better now. It's sitting in the garage growling at me because of all the rain lately. Barber is only a couple hours drive from me. I really need to check it out this year. Never been, but watched many a race there on youtube. I could easily make a weekend out of that.
Definitely bring your RR there for a trackday. And check out the museum - one of the best motorcycle museums in the country.

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
I could trailer it for sure but they wouldn't be having track days on a race wkd would they? And yeah, I've heard they have a museum just glad to hear such high praise. Didn't think there'd be much to it. Now I'm getting excited...:dance4:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom