Show "Micro 4/3 Camera P*rn"

Real Name
Cata
Sorry for hijacking this thread 😁

But I've got another new toy

_EM56809.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_EM56796.jpg

The Lord of the Bokeh rings

Real Name
Phill
My now more than five year old Pen-F still going strong, pictured by the recently acquired competitor. With the 75mm f1.8 it is secretly my favourite combo. While the attached hood makes the lens look much larger and heavier than it actually is, the 75mm handles perfectly on the Pen - almost a match made in heaven.
DSCF0473.jpg

and close-up in Acros.
DSCF0479.jpg

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Couple of modern machines highly informed by old technology...

R0002393-01.jpeg

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Couple of modern machines highly informed by old technology...

View attachment 894276
I'd love to try a Freewrite ; how is the keyboard in real life ? I'm so used to my 1986 IBM model M(*) that whenever I see hyperbolic comments on modern mechanical keyboards, I'm always disappointed by the end result when I give a try.
(*) I keep a 1992 spare in case this one fails. I can't imagine typing on anything less really.

M.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I'd love to try a Freewrite ; how is the keyboard in real life ? I'm so used to my 1986 IBM model M(*) that whenever I see hyperbolic comments on modern mechanical keyboards, I'm always disappointed by the end result when I give a try.
(*) I keep a 1992 spare in case this one fails. I can't imagine typing on anything less really.

M.
It's one of the most comfortable keyboards I've ever used, and my muscle memory has fully adapted to it over the years I've had it. There are some good shortcuts to get around the lack of cursor, but it functions like a typewriter: the only way to edit is to backspace, like the correction key on an oldey-timey. Those are what I grew up with, however, so I don't mind!

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Me too. So I went to the site. YIKES! $600! And nothing on evilBay.

I'll pass.
It's a tool. If it's the right tool for your job, the price is immaterial. I remember buying a crappy Asus EeePC subnotebook more than 10 years ago for ~ 300 €, for those occasions I could not carry a full laptop (they were still heavy in 2008). Every single job I've done on this machine since then was worth more than what I paid for it in the first place. It repaid itself countless times over. And it still works as intended ! But in the case of the freetype I'd really like to try one before committing.
M.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Me too. So I went to the site. YIKES! $600! And nothing on evilBay.

I'll pass.
I think they were $500 when I got mine. A good 6+ years ago, and I have typed on it consistently when creating drafts over the years. So I think I've gotten my money's worth. Maybe not if you consider it like a notebook, but if you think of it like a laptop...

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
For everyone on a budget of some description, price is anything but immaterial.
I really meant that in a business sense. As a working professional, if you can't plan to invest 600$/€ in a tool to boost your productivity with your current ebitda, I'm afraid you're spiralling into the ground, because it won't be the only thing that will not be funded during that investment cycle.
M.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Michail, but that's not a very nice saying ...

Perhaps true, but better left unsaid.
Not everyone can afford what they would like.
I know, I have been one for all the ‘10 decade and still on a thin wallet, at least not empty now…

however, proper tools can rarely be bought on bargain prices, not used at least - you certainly know that, given your long march so far

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I know, I have been one for all the ‘10 decade and still on a thin wallet, at least not empty now…

however, proper tools can rarely be bought on bargain prices, not used at least - you certainly know that, given your long march so far
Agree, Michail. I am very fortunate in that I can afford to spend as much as I feel like on gear, within reason.
However, I am very much aware that some people have problems with somewhere to live, or enough to eat.

We should all be sensitive to their plight. With my health issues, I wouldn't last a single night on the streets.

c0ldc0ne

Mu-43 Regular
I really meant that in a business sense. As a working professional, if you can't plan to invest 600$/€ in a tool to boost your productivity with your current ebitda, I'm afraid you're spiralling into the ground, because it won't be the only thing that will not be funded during that investment cycle.
M.
I’ll go out on a limb by asserting that most of us did not buy these tools as investments. And for those who did, my original statement still stands as price is an integral component of their ROI.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I’ll go out on a limb by asserting that most of us did not buy these tools as investments. And for those who did, my original statement still stands as price is an integral component of their ROI.
For myself, the investment was more the encouragement to write more often that was afforded by the pleasure of using the tool and the ease of backing up/digitizing the results.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
In my line of work (paralegal), the invoice baseline is ~ 300,00€ ; a 600,00€ investment in a writing tool implement is offset in a week. I've worked with lawyers who had more expensive fountain pens.
M.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom