1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Show me your favorite neck or wrist strap

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by digital_grrl79, Feb 27, 2013.

1. digital_grrl79

digital_grrl79 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I'm in the market for both a neck strap or wrist strap. I tend to like leather and if it has a neat look to it, all the better.

2. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I've got this OpTech neck strap:

Op-Tech-Pro-Loop.

and this OpTech wrist strap:

_MG_1973.

I've had the neck strap for probably 8-9 years and the wrist strap for a few years and I love them both. Both are neoprene though, not leather.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    I'm using an Annie Barton XL braided strap on a GH3. Works great!

Long enough to work as a sling (over my neck and my r shoulder) and pivots up nicely for shooting. Couldn't be more pleased.

BARTON 1972

4. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    I have the same OpTech neck and wrist straps as twalker294. I always use the wrist strap. I do wish it were some material other than neoprene, though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rolling green

rolling green Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2012
    city of chi
    If you like leather check out the the tap and dye wrist strap. I have the raw leather version and it is developing a nice patina to it. Extremely nice quality, should last a lifetime and great personal customer support. Justin with tap and dye custom made the length for me to fit a smaller wrist and the fit is perfect. Not too long not too short. I've been thru them all from Gordy's to Artisan Artists and these are my favorite, these get better and better with age.
    I have the apolis transit neck strap and it is great too. I do have an extra if you want it at a great price. Both are nice leathers and have great construction. For the tap and dye wrist strap I removed the metal d-ring and added a leather version so there's no way to scratch my camera. Will try and get more recent pics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Show my your favorite neck or wrist strap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362048065.555715.

Have you considered a "finger strap"? I've sewn a 15mm wide leather strip in a loop through the standard strap ring. My middle and ring fingers slip through the loop - there's plenty of movement so as not to restrict any finger or hand movement. It's super easy to engage/disengage and it's extremely secure as far as not dropping your camera goes..

• Like Like x 5
  7. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    If you're a fan of leather then check out Gordy's Camera Straps - I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them...

Here's my lug-mount wrist-strap on my GH2. I've just ordered a string-mount for my EM5 which I think will be a better fit for the little Micro Four Thirds bodies.

6068979649_7b3537a004_z.

• Like Like x 3
  8. digital_grrl79

digital_grrl79 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    thanks for the great suggestions and photos :] Keep 'em coming.

9. msatlas

msatlas Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Madison, WI
    I have one of these for my E-PL5: CosmosĀ® Classic Adjustable DC Camera/Cell phone wrist strap lanyard

This is a pic from Amazon...

41paMrgvrkL.

It's cheap, and the attachment thread lets you take off the rattly keychain ring dealies and connect directly to the lug on the camera. It's a combination of a cloth cord and leather accents. There's a piece of leather that slides up and down the strap to adjust for your wrist size. I sort of open it up to get my kinda-big hand through it, and then tighten it up on my wrist.

Overall, 8 bucks very well spent!

10. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1
    I have these straps for both my EPM2 and LX5.

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

11. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    +2 for my LX5.

12. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
    Crumpler Strap
    Great Strap for $15

Popular Disgrace

Got a Wapiti strap today.
    I'll see which one I like better

13. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I got a Gordy's strap too. Love it.

14. flying eyeball

flying eyeball New to Mu-43

Jan 23, 2013
    I use a Gordy's as well.

made by hand here in the states.

15. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
  16. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    I always go back and forth between using the OP/TECH wrist strap and the Joby Sling Strap over the shoulder.

I really like the OP/TECH wrist strap because it has a nice thick neoprene strap that goes around the wrist, feels solid, but doesn't irritate the wrist like the leather Gordys did.

http://www.amazon.com/OP-TECH-USA-W...362248414&sr=8-1&keywords=op+tech+wrist+strap

I also like how it can be unclipped from the camera easily when I want to use the shoulder strap (the end of the clip that attaches to the camera just stays dangling from the hook).

I think I prefer the feel of shooting with just the wrist strap, but when I am going to be walking around or moving between activities I like to use the Joby sling strap so I can move the camera behind my back when doing other things. Also, with little kids, it makes it easier to hold hands when that is necessary and you can tighten the strap to avoid it swinging and hitting a kid in the head as you bend over.

Amazon.com: Joby UltraFit Sling Strap for Men for DSLRs or CSCs: JOBY: Camera & Photo

17. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Neither of mine are leather but for the wrist strap, I made my own out of gutted 550 paracord.
    6669557701_fde2a3b76b_z.

And for the carry strap, I use the blacrkrapid snapr 35. it gives me the option of using a sling bag, a sling strap, or wrist strap. I use it as a sling strap most of the time.
    BlackRapid SnapR 35 Complete System

18. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I'm a big Gordys fan too.

However recently I just bought 30m of paracord and now roll-my-own straps as required.

I usually cut a length, double it up, loop it through the lug, allow 10cm of play and then loop around my wrist, knot and melt the ends.

Works a treat.

20. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    + 1 for Crumpler Popular Disgrace!