Show: Guitars.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
When I was playing I usually comped my own solos. I'd get the feel and duplicate the main licks and passages to keep it sounding familiar for the audience, but rarely played a solo the same way twice. The Allman Brother's Rambling Man was one of the very few exceptions. All or nothing!

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
I also play that song note for note. As well as Melissa and Blue Sky...but a little creative license can be taken on the latter.;):dance3:

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
My custom Gretsch 6138 Bo Diddley model and '66 Ampeg Jet Amp -

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Here's the short-scale Tele. The Alder body and pickguard are slightly smaller while the hardware remains full size. The 60's Jag neck has had the headstock reshaped to a Tele style.

48992985656_d05d28ac36_b.jpg
P1047152 by telecast, on Flickr

I overlaid the headstock with curly maple and applied a custom decal. The serial number starts like a Fender, Z6 to denote a 2006 build. The rest of the serial number should be familiar, I'll let you sort it out. The Tele shape is somewhat elongated due to the machine head spacing.

48992984936_af5590a260_b.jpg
P1047155 by telecast, on Flickr

Here it is next to a full sized Tele, another of my builds affectionately referred to as the Brothelcaster. The size difference is more obvious when they're standing next to each other. The narrower body width and shorter length are pretty apparent. It's also about 1/8" thinner.

48992442983_b06596d0a9_b.jpg
P1047154 by telecast, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here's the short-scale Tele. The Alder body and pickguard are slightly smaller while the hardware remains full size. The 60's Jag neck has had the headstock reshaped to a Tele style.

View attachment 783391P1047152 by telecast, on Flickr

I overlaid the headstock with curly maple and applied a custom decal. The serial number starts like a Fender, Z6 to denote a 2006 build. The rest of the serial number should be familiar, I'll let you sort it out. The Tele shape is somewhat elongated due to the machine head spacing.

View attachment 783392P1047155 by telecast, on Flickr

Here it is next to a full sized Tele, another of my builds affectionately referred to as the Brothelcaster. The size difference is more obvious when they're standing next to each other. The narrower body width and shorter length are pretty apparent. It's also about 1/8" thinner.

View attachment 783393P1047154 by telecast, on Flickr
Nicely done!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom