Show: Guitars.

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
Any musicians here? It doesn't have to be just guitars. All stringed instruments are welcome.🎸🎻🙂
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I can barely string a few notes together but I have a few guitars & pictures, mostly being played or as abstracts

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
Trust me when I say I could inundate this thread. The guitar in this artsy shot is a 3/4 scale Telecaster that I built using a mid-60's Jaguar (24" scale) neck. I have tons of photos, but only a few taken with m4/3.

View attachment 783162scale_0001 by telecast, on Flickr
Very nice! I also own a Tele...say, is that a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pup in the neck? How do you like it?

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Very nice! I also own a Tele...say, is that a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pup in the neck? How do you like it?
Not a Duncan. To be honest I can't recall the brand now. I installed the humbucker in the neck position and used a tone pot with a coil tap switch. The bridge is a duplicate of a mid 60's Alnico magnet, super hot. I wish I could remember the brand, they were known for disassembling old pickups that had particularly good sound and duplicating them down to the most minute detail. They did this at pretty reasonable prices. At one time I was heavily into guitar projects. I also did custom setups for people and played professionally.

Now I'm just old!

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
My '79 Strat. Looking a little worn these days.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
My attic studio, all very dated even the vox amp has valves, but everything still works perfectly, all running through steinbergs cubase.

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
That is a beaut! I am guessing that you blocked the trem....
Yep. Blocked the trem. It's been refretted, too. Still my # 1 after all these years.

Here it is, pre-gig:

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
What year is the Custom?
It's a Mexican 72 reissues, from about 2012.

Just to complete my electric line up, this is my third and last one. A Tokai from around 1985. I bought it as back-up to the Strat and have worn the frets so low I've now raised the action and use it for slide:

That's it for electrics.

Cheers
Derek

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Here are some taken of a guitar built for me by my old college roommate Milton. Recently acquired. He made it from Cuban mahogany from Manoa Valley, solid AAA Sitka spruce top, curly maple binding, curly koa rosette, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, etc. Gorgeous and it sounds wonderful. He said I needed to get back into guitar playing and decided to help inspire me. He said that I inspired him to build guitars after showing him the guitars I built many years ago. He has since far surpassed anything I did. I posted this elsewhere in another thread, but forgot where. :)

Here's one shot from the Flickr album. I encourage you to look at other shots of this beautiful instrument. https://www.flickr.com/gp/92624968@N02/P29k6P

Not ashamed to plug his guitars. He does beautiful work. https://www.kulaguitars.com/

48033548968_c63fdbfcfd_k.jpg

Last edited:

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
Here are some taken of a guitar built for me by my old college roommate Milton. Recently acquired. He made it from a mahogany that was from Manoa valley, solid AAA Sitka spruce top, curly maple binding, curly koa rosette, mahogany neck, etc. Gorgeous and it sounds wonderful. He said I needed to get back into guitar playing and decided to help inspire me. He said that I inspired him to build guitars after showing him the guitars I built many years ago. I posted this elsewhere in another thread, but forgot where. :)

Here's one shot from the Flickr album. I encourage you to look at the other shots of this beautiful instrument. https://www.flickr.com/gp/92624968@N02/P29k6P

Not ashamed to plug his guitars. He does beautiful work. https://www.kulaguitars.com/

View attachment 783180
Beautiful! My Breedlove Dread has a AAA Sitca spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, Honduran mahogany neck and African ebony fretboard, headstock cover and bridge. The pickguard is ebony and was custom made to match the inlay on the fretboard.

Last edited:

Strymon76

Mu-43 Regular
OI000333.JPG

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom