Show clouds over your country - one shot

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Weather starting to break up after a mostly rainy Thanksgiving day. The rainbow extended this far for a minute or less.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Rob
Out the back tonight

A typical summer's Christmas Day on the farm in the Wimmera!

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
While most of the UK is covered in snow, here on the west coast we usually miss out on it.
We did have a few flakes earlier this afternoon but then the clouds broke up and the sun came out.
I just caught this from the bottom of our garden a short while ago, before the sun went down for the last time in 2020.

Happy New 2021 everyone. :drinks:

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
I took this photo 'cos I loved the silhouetted trees alongside our campsite, but I think it suits this thread better. :whistling:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Three for the price of one!

Clouds over Helsingør (Elsinore) in the free part of Denmark, shot through a prism filter from occupied Eastern Denmark.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
^^^^^^^
Naah! It's one of the weird things I've gotten with my weird old cameras...

Brings back fond memories from the pre-digital-picture-manipulation days!

Weird filters, and Kodalith, were the only things I could use to make the kind of pictures I always seem to make. With everyone looking at them and scratching their heads, wondering what the heck they depict!

But I do have a bunch of beers out on the balcony! But they are way too cold. I'll either have to warm them up indoors over night, or dunk them for fifteen minutes in hot water before they're good to go down.

Real Name
Rob
Clouds over Helsingør (Elsinore) in the free part of Denmark, shot through a prism filter from occupied Eastern Denmark.
Haha. The Angles came over from their part of the Jutland peninsula in the 5th Century AD, and occupied the area where I live. Apparently they drove most of the native Celtic British population west into what is now Wales. So I could take a photo across the Severn Estuary from here and declare it "Free Britain, shot from occupied Western Britain". That would confuse some of the flag waving sovereignty enthusiasts with whom I share my country. :whistling:

Nice bottle of wine I had tonight, too...

Real Name
John ...
Haha. The Angles came over from their part of the Jutland peninsula in the 5th Century AD, and occupied the area where I live. Apparently they drove most of the native Celtic British population west into what is now Wales. So I could take a photo across the Severn Estuary from here and declare it "Free Britain, shot from occupied Western Britain". That would confuse some of the flag waving sovereignty enthusiasts with whom I share my country. :whistling:

And the Romans, the Norse Vikings, the Normandy Vikings, and ... ;) . :rofl:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik

Thus, one can argue that we founded the Free (Western) World, in addition to just making Carlsberg, probably the Best Beer in the World!

Not a bad contribution to history, or what do you think, @John King?

And the ethnically cleansing Swedes (the Rus) founded Russia...

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
@Erich_H The original XXXX (aka Fourex) of my youth (1960s through to late 1970s) was the best beer in the world ... ;) .

Closely followed by Victoria Bitter ...

But I've been teetotal since 1986. So what would I know?
Well, not being abstinent, so much, I'll say:
"Love the one you're with".
Anyway, after six bottles of beer in the belly, you're sure to do just that!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom