Show "Boats"

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Absolute 1 - A close encounter
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The angle of the photo may be a bit misleading as the shipmaster did not blow the warning horn, so seemed to be not concerned. From my position, however, it looked pretty concerning. The dude in the rib took forever to realise that he needs to actually move.

Absolute 1 (IMO: 9869447) is an oil products tanker registered and sailing under the flag of Singapore. Her gross tonnage is 6,087, and deadweight is 8,646. She was built in 2019. Her overall length (loa) is number 114.99 m, beam is 19 m and maximum draught is number 7.5 m. Her container capacity is 0 teu. The ship is operated by BP Australia Pty Ltd.

I photographed the Absolute I on her departure from her berth at Fremantle Port on April 25, 2020. Absolute I last port of call was Batam and her next port of call is Kwinana.

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
Here’s a few...

An unskinned whaling boat in Barrow, AK

Also in Barrow (easily confused with St. Louis) at the whale bone arch.

The above 3, all in and around the San Diego bay area.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Glovis Cougar - Bow by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The vehicles carrier, Glovis Cougar [IMO 9451898] alongside No. 11 NQ Berth, Fremantle Port on October 246, 2015 having arrived from Durban, South Africa. Her next port of call is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

IMO: 9451898
NAME OF SHIP: Glovis Cougar
CALL SIGN: V7CC3
MMSI: 538005238
Gross Tonnage: 60,404
DWT: 22,532
Built: 2012
Flag: Marshall Islands
Ship Manager: Hyundai Glovis Co Ltd

mp10s

Mu-43 Regular

Real Name
Marc Sitkin

Entering the Rhine
Rotterdam

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Absolute 1 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Absolute 1 (IMO: 9869447) is an oil products tanker registered and sailing under the flag of Singapore. Her gross tonnage is 6,087, and deadweight is 8,646. She was built in 2019. Her overall length (loa) is number 114.99 m, beam is 19 m and maximum draught is number 7.5 m. Her container capacity is 0 teu. The ship is operated by BP Australia Pty Ltd.

I photographed the Absolute I on her departure from her berth at Fremantle Port on April 25, 2020. Absolute I’s last port of call was Batam and her next port of call is Kwinana.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Bow

I photographed the Absolute I on her departure from her berth at Fremantle Port on April 25, 2020. Absolute I’s last port of call was Batam and her next port of call is Kwinana.

Whilst in Fremantle she was attended to by ASP Ship Management Pty Ltd.

mp10s

Mu-43 Regular
@Aushiker how do you manage to catch all these boats while weighing anchor? Or are they shedding ballast water through their hawse pipes?

Here are some boats locally:
1588256386318.jpeg

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Funnel Markings

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
@Aushiker how do you manage to catch all these boats while weighing anchor? Or are they shedding ballast water through their hawse pipes?
No, not weighing anchor. This photo was taken as the Absolute 1 was leaving the port, i.e., had been berthed alongside the wharf. My understanding is that this is dumping of ballast water. As the Absolute 1 is now the local bunkering vessel she may have been heading south to load up with fuel.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Bow in Silhouette

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Laker Robert S Pierson a 630 foot self unloading bulker is taking on cargo at Sarnia Ontario -

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Harbour tug Pride at Sarnia Ontario with my new 12-45 -

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I've just (re)discovered this photo while delving through my archives for the Bridges thread.
This was taken at the Underfall Yard workshops at Bristol's Floating Harbour.
It's normally screened from view; however, I think the craftsmen were keen to show off their incredible skills in building this traditional craft.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom