Show: Beer!

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Just had another pint of Adnams Broadside. So good, I bought 6 more bottles. So my Favorite beers are. Guinness. Meantime Chocolate Porter. Adnams Broadside. Lymm Dam and Stella Artois.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Lymm dam!
I've walked around it a few times but thankfully never fallen in yet.
What does it taste like Mike?
Local Brew. 6.3%. Not bitter, almost sweet. Very strong, but it has taste. After a pint you will feel sleepy. Best as a half if you need to drive, operate machinery pr go back to work in the afternoon. Not expensive. Available in bottles, but a poured pint is wonderful.

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
^^^^^^^^^
"love the flarey-ness when it gets gets tilted into the sun"

I guess that was a good enough excuse as to why you'd fallen off your chair! :rofl:

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Adnams Broadside. 6.3%. Lovely stuff.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Beerbliotek + Deep Creek collab "How are we supposed to collaborate if the world grinds to a halt?" Lingonberry sour 4.5% - really enjoyed this one. Not a hint of bitterness but very sour and you could taste/smell the berries in every swig of beery goodness.

_8290028 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Yeastie Boys 'White Noise' white-ale 4.4% - apparently made for the brewers partner who didn't like bitter beer - so this one has minimal hops and hints of orange, coconut & vanilla. Smelt great, went down easy, didn't miss the hops much. Looking forward to trying its companion 'Black Noise', a dark ale, tomorrow. Probably going to be a great summer session beer.

P9190003 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
St. Bernardus - Tokyo Belgian Wheat Ale

I love the silver shape of the monk, which you only see on your second look!

# amazing yellow/golden colour # nice lemon/spice nose # yummy wheaty orange/citrus flavours with some hints of fruits # medium bodied and nice mouth feel # lightly bitter and dry finish # very nice summer beer #

20200726203729.jpg

20200726203736.jpg

Westvleteren XII - The Holy Grail

I just fetched a crate and two six packs from the abdij / in de vrede shop and had to have a go at it right away. I think the beer still needs to take (at least) a few months to really come together... but here are my first notes:

# caramel nuts dark fruits nose # rich flavours # complex # dark dried fruits # plums # raisins # sweet caramels # slight hint of alcohol # nice warm buzz # full body # long intriguing after taste # lightly bitter finish # cap date: 20.05.23 #

The sediment was probably still a bit shaken up from the 350 km ride back from the monastery and hadn't settled yet (always leave a cm or two at the bottom of the bottle at first). Will try the next bottle maybe from the June crate batch in a week or so :) And then maybe try one bottle every other month? :p

20200726195929.jpg

20200728013007.jpg

20200728013018.jpg

20200728013059 (1).jpg

sprocket87

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Masthead Pumpkin Underverse
Style: Stout - Imperial / Double
ABV: 10.8%

GX85 + Mitakon 25mm 0.95 (Cross-posted from the Mitakon 25mm 0.95 showcase thread)

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
My local brewery Ahlafors had a new one, Oktober Fest. It was very tasty! If autumn could taste something it taste like this

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
The Dude abides.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom