Show: Beer!

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Really, it's everywhere ... One of the pseudo-micros (it's actually brewed by Michelob) that came out after Blue Moon hit it big for Coors.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
I just bought a selection of 12 local beers from Bavaria and Bohemia for my visitors to try out

There are so many more. But I lack the knowledge of which ones are special. Amonst those in the picture, numbered from L-R:
2) Flötzinger Beer won a huge award in 2012. And very different from Munich beers
3) The nearby monastry, Andechs, has a famous strong Doppelbock beer brewed by the monks
5) Franziskaner wheat beer is just that little bit better than all the others. I always have a crate of it at home as my main beer.
6) Unertl wheat beer is supposed to be excellent, but not my favourite
7) König Ludwig Dunkles is a good dark beer. KöLudu for short. It is still brewed in the old castle. I saw the prince, Prinz Luitpold there once on Jousting day.
8. ) Weltenburg dark is also brewed in a monastery by monks. Tourists can enjoy this strong 7% alc. beer on a visit by boat.
9) Augustiner Edelstoff. People round here rate it as the best beer in Munich. I like it!
10) Augustiner Helles. Not quite as strong as the Edelstoff, but still very popular.

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Some, like Franziskaner and Andechs, you'll find exported everywhere. The rest are local favourites. I am spoilt by having several top breweries within a few km from my house.
It was fun setting up the beergarden table and fighting the tricky back lighting. Fill in was my new Nissin i40. But I think that was flooded out by the sun reflecting off the white house walls.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
When in 'Nam, do as the locals do

gx7/o45

NWright

Mu-43 Veteran
With the P 14mm.

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian

20131002_203143_v1 by ianp5a, on Flickr

The Oktoberfest has just started. And it's just over a mile away from my place. So I'll be avoiding this thread for a while, and hopefully avoiding taking stupid selfies in a beer tent along with 8,000 other people. There are about 10 big tents that take between 6 -10,000 people and a few small ones for about 3000 people. It's a big horrible mess. But it becomes tolerable and then enjoyable once you start drinking the beer there.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom