show Are-Bure-Boke - "grainy, blurry, and out-of-focus"

Snowonuluru

Mu-43 All-Pro
Been looking through old photos at my mother’s some of which I took when I started out with a TLR. I’m afraid (?) many of them fit in here. Mine were “created” in the late 50’s/early 60’s. So they preceded the are-bure-boke definition. Had I known about it then, I could have claimed pioneer status instead of tearing up many of my dark room efforts.

Seriously though, looking through my bad old photos do give rise to a sense of poignancy. Something that sharp and clean images can’t seem to match.

Now that I know, I think the optically challenged legacy lenses that I have may get a new lease of life.

re-note

Mu-43 Regular
bending the boundaries. I like this thread as it may open some doors for investigating high ISO settings one is scared of using.
As a first step I took these two pics last night at a concert. I deliberately set the ISO to 25 600. The drummer in focus does not look very healthy, though better in BW, but I do not want to shy away from colour.
The singer with the light on her and the drummer out of focus rendered a better image that reminds me strongly of scotchcrome 1000 slide film.
To get constantly acceptable pics needs probably a lot of practice and a favourable light source.
pict 032.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
pict 033.jpg

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
custom-settings-jpg.jpg

re-note

Mu-43 Regular
blurry, and out-of-focus. plus double-exposure: first exposure tremendously overexposed, for the second exposure I choose a long time to apply some movement to the guitarplayer
pict-027.jpg

barry

Super Moderator
Would it count if some things were adjusted in post processing? Say, adding grain to an out-of-focus shot? And does the shot need all three elements?
Hi, most or all of my shots here have had grain added in post (with the free version of Nik SilverEfex)... I'd think 1 or 2 elements would be fine, e.g. motion blur without focal blur is fine, and not all the images here have much grain.

ibd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
6.jpg

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Almost SOOC. We were walking in the woods and spotted these three flowers that had seen better days. They were low, so I aimed the screen up and stooped down, pointing the camera up to get the light. Mosquitos were buzzing around and generally ignoring the bug spray. I really wanted to make a photo of it, but between being stooped over and losing balance and the mosquitos, I said the hell with it and pushed the button. The thing is, I really like the shot!

48376828932_0b117353ce_b.jpg
_0010 by telecast, on Flickr

re-note

Mu-43 Regular
appledream autumn

P1010010_1-800x600.jpg

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
Soap making with the Olympus OM 55mm ƒ/1.2 plus Kipon Baveyes focal reducer, for an effective 38mm ƒ/0.84.

Soap Bokeh.jpg

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Love this concept and the images that arise from this concept can really look sensational.
I'm going to go out and just shoot in this manner to see if I am up to it.
The image below was done from a moving car in India a few years ago. Grainy, out of focus and blurred it is but somehow it speaks to me of this fellows sad situation.
IMG_0181.JPG

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not too sure if this one qualifies for inclusion in this thread, but I hope you enjoy seeing it.

P1700381_a_p.jpg

GregRed

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Greg
P_G93185.jpeg

Real Name
Andrew L
img166.jpg

Real Name
Andrew L

Latest threads

Top Bottom