Show and request

I dunno, maybe I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing but one of them appears to be working without a net.
The zip lines aren't well designed, and the customers don't make it all the way in. A worker (guy on left) has to go out and drag the people in. I'm not sure what is going on with the guy on the right, especially with the rope hanging below him.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The zip lines aren't well designed, and the customers don't make it all the way in. A worker (guy on left) has to go out and drag the people in. I'm not sure what is going on with the guy on the right, especially with the rope hanging below him.
Yeah, it was the guy on the right I was referring to. Looks like a dangling safety tether, but I wouldn't know because you couldn't get me to go near one of those zip line things if you offered me a fist full of fifties.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Wow! I didn’t know such things existed anymore. 😱
It's what came up as a suggested word as I typed some letters 😬 it's always the hardest part in this thread, deciding the next word...
But I'm eagerly awaiting response!

EDIT: I suppose this calls for some heavy duty lateral thinking...

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
This is why I questioned your Request. I suspect you probably weren't alive when last these were used. The first example is the best one that shows what they were. A thin paper ribbon of type with pieces pasted onto the letter form. Best as I see, these mostly date to the 1940s. I know they were in use into the early 1950's. I don't know about later. Here's a brief, badly produced, history of the TransAtlantic Cable laid between Europe and the US.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Why not, if that is your take on this?
Next time I'll get an easier suggested word from the word list, I promise 😁

I suppose this calls for some heavy duty lateral thinking...

Hey gals and guys! Don't tell me that I've killed the thread! Please!

You need anything cable, and anything grammes, like in light weight...

For instance: Maybe a very thin cable something? Spider's web? More lightweight would be difficult to get...

Come to think about it, how about a piece of cable on a scale?

Just a couple of "for instances"....

EDIT:
Telegram should be close enough to an equivalent of cablegram, don't you think?

Quoted from Wikipedia:
"The term cable derives from the time when the medium for such communications was telegraphs travelling along international submarine communications cables, though over time they have progressed into other formats and pathways. The term cablegram is also sometimes used"

"Nowadays, the telegram service is virtually extinct. In Sweden, it ceased in 2002, but a private service for luxury telegrams still exists in the country"
Unquote

Technology You Didn’t Know Still Existed: The Telegram

... a handful of companies are carrying on the tradition. Principal amongst them is the International Telegram Company who inherited and still operate Western Union’s former telex and cablegram network. They are well aware of their own anachronism: “Most people are pretty surprised to learn that telegrams still exist, and in fact are still pretty widely used in some parts of the world,” says Colin Stone, Director of Operations. Overall, he says that about 20 million telegrams are still delivered every year.
Quoted from:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/telegrams

Come on! I'm desperately trying here! I don't want to kill the thread!

The attached picture is only an example!
I'm not answering my own request!

Attachments

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
@BosseBe -It looks like the survival of this thread has been placed on your shoulders. Don’t screw this for the rest of us!

“Nowadays, the telegram service is virtually extinct. In Sweden, it ceased in 2002, but a private service for luxury telegrams still exists in the country"

I bet you never knew how important you might be!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
@BosseBe -It looks like the survival of this thread has been placed on your shoulders. Don’t screw this for the rest of us!

“Nowadays, the telegram service is virtually extinct. In Sweden, it ceased in 2002, but a private service for luxury telegrams still exists in the country"

I bet you never knew how important you might be!
Don't put that load on me! :crying:
The Telegram service referred to is for sending messages on fancy paper to weddings and such!
I have never sent or received one!
I still think @Will Focus idea above was the correct one for the times! (My problem is that I don't get bills from my cable company, it is included in the rent.)

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Show Cablegram (in this case 196 grams)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Show: Birthday

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom