Show and request

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Padidle (spelled "Paddidle") is to be shouted by the first person who spots a vehicle with only one working headlight. Is that what you're going for?

BTW, the person who didn't spot the vehicle is to remove an article of clothing. I sincerely hope your quest for obscure words isn't taking us into an environment NSFW...

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Chrome
Padidle (spelled "Paddidle") is to be shouted by the first person who spots a vehicle with only one working headlight. Is that what you're going for?

BTW, the person who didn't spot the vehicle is to remove an article of clothing. I sincerely hope your quest for obscure words isn't taking us into an environment NSFW...
What are you wearing?

Now a point of clarification (something also from the 60s too). The curriculum (primarily for girls to become secretaries) could included the now anachronistic subjectTyping”. I successfully achieved a speed of 13 words per minutes (including 7 typos). My effect speed: 6 WPM!

But...

So give me a break here. I shall try to cut and paste to your desired spelling.

Show P A D I D DL E
Damn! I copied two letters at the same time.

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
View attachment 775149A happy face by Michael Atwell - Chrome, on Flickr

Show Padidle
I had to search for a definition of that word as it isn't something I have come across before, is this what you mean?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padiddle

If so any vehicle missing one headlight should qualify.
Or are you after the results of the game?

So how about a cosmic vehicle? I only managed to capture one of the lights and the desert is naked.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Show: Salt

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
What are you wearing?

Now a point of clarification (something also from the 60s too). The curriculum (primarily for girls to become secretaries) could included the now anachronistic subjectTyping”. I successfully achieved a speed of 13 words per minutes (including 7 typos). My effect speed: 6 WPM!

But...

So give me a break here. I shall try to cut and paste to your desired spelling.

Show P A D I D DL E
Damn! I copied two letters at the same time.
Regardless, (or is that irregardless?), is that what you're going for? I mean, with Padiddle?

Seems I too misspelled it. Epic Fail.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Chrome
I had to search for a definition of that word as it isn't something I have come across before, is this what you mean?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padiddle

If so any vehicle missing one headlight should qualify.
Or are you after the results of the game?

So how about a cosmic vehicle? I only managed to capture one of the lights and the desert is naked.
View attachment 775214

Show: Salt
Nice shot! I don't understand the aura. Please explain light source, time of shot, other factors. Is that your shadow lower right of center?

Regarding your question. That's it! I was raised in an era of purity, so unlike Brownie's version, the spotter punched another passenger.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
The first (and possibly only) time I ever heard the word padiddle, I was in college driving a car that had a faulty left headlight. I was about to drive off solo when a friend outside the car said the word. I said whaaaa? When she explained why (no mention of penalty), I popped the hood, got out in front, and punched the top of the headlamp. As I knew would happen with my quirky car, the light came back on. Padiddle undiddled, I guess. So punching someone who doesn't see a padiddle fast enough? Sure, makes sense to me. Taking off clothes - that's quite a bit more foreign to my experience, even in a party school loaded with Greek houses. Then again, I suppose the people who play that version don't talk about it so much?

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Nice shot! I don't understand the aura. Please explain light source, time of shot, other factors. Is that your shadow lower right of center?

Regarding your question. That's it! I was raised in an era of purity, so unlike Brownie's version, the spotter punched another passenger.
The first (and possibly only) time I ever heard the word padiddle, I was in college driving a car that had a faulty left headlight. I was about to drive off solo when a friend outside the car said the word. I said whaaaa? When she explained why (no mention of penalty), I popped the hood, got out in front, and punched the top of the headlamp. As I knew would happen with my quirky car, the light came back on. Padiddle undiddled, I guess. So punching someone who doesn't see a padiddle fast enough? Sure, makes sense to me. Taking off clothes - that's quite a bit more foreign to my experience, even in a party school loaded with Greek houses. Then again, I suppose the people who play that version don't talk about it so much?
Should either of you decide to take a second, Google it. That's where I got the definition. Nothing about punching, only clothing removal. We never used such a silly term around here. Being far more advanced and clearly more worldly, we called it a Popeye. In that case the winner got a kiss.

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo

Thanks! More about this shot can be found in this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/bonneville-salt-flats-2017.105056/
The aura comes from totally overexposing the sun.
The sun is the light source (or headlight).
Not a shadow but the salt has been disturbed after the rain and shows the darker soil under the salt(I think).

Here in Sweden we of course don't play such games, we go directly to the goal if you get my meaning, this is after all the land of midnight sun. (Or should it be an i in the last word?)

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Should either of you decide to take a second, Google it. That's where I got the definition. Nothing about punching, only clothing removal. We never used such a silly term around here. Being far more advanced and clearly more worldly, we called it a Popeye. In that case the winner got a kiss.
I did that as soon as it was brought up in this thread. Had to. :laugh1: On Wikipedia alone, there's loads about punching, kissing, undressing, popeyes and padiddles and perdiddles - all of that. (Though my general thinking is, if one wants the whole story, don't just go to Wikipedia.)

I applaud your Michigan sophistication, Tim! Life out there seems pretty good. Spent some vacation time in the state last month, wish I had more.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
It's called tonic around here. Local lingo I had to learn, being an import from NY.

I've been scouring my photo archive for salt. Found a pic of a car with really salty bumper stickers. It kind of violates the code of conduct, so here's a pic of salty food:

Show "slide".

Baenwort

Mu-43 Regular
Show "slide" (that's three cylinders he's sliding back and forth on) Barely Balanced @ Bristol RenFaire

Show 'Sword Fight'

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom