show "abandoned"

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
I came across this today. Probably stolen then abandoned i guess.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

wyk

Mu-43 Regular
Kells, Ireland

wyk

Mu-43 Regular
^ Kells, as in the Book of Kells?
The Book of Kells is from Kells, County Meath. This photo is of: Prióireacht Cheanannais, which is also known as the Ruins of Kells or Kells Fort, in Kilkenny. It was thought to be the seat of the Borough of Kell at one point, so the name stuck.

Here's a pic from the river an Ri:

149745045.731VhitZ.jpg

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
^^^^^
Earlier life as a schoolhouse or small church?
WOW! You got my curiosity up so I used my goggle-fu. I found a page that says it is (was?) the oldest continuously operating library east of the Mississippi. That was in 2010. It lists only one principle and it looks like whatever foundation was operating it dissolved.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darek
"Beyond the Reach"

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
WOW! You got my curiosity up so I used my goggle-fu. I found a page that says it is (was?) the oldest continuously operating library east of the Mississippi. That was in 2010. It lists only one principle and it looks like whatever foundation was operating it dissolved.
Has anyone ever worked out what it is that these mindless vandals get out of smashing windows on empty buildings.
That old library is so lovely and I find it amazing that it's not being put to good use as a community centre or something.
Can I put a bid in? ;)

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Has anyone ever worked out what it is that these mindless vandals get out of smashing windows on empty buildings.
That old library is so lovely and I find it amazing that it's not being put to good use as a community centre or something.
Can I put a bid in? ;)
Click on the photo, go to my Flickr site, enlarge the photo. What looks like cracked glass is actually the reflection of trees, and in one case you're seeing straight through two windows to the back yard area. I am not convinced that it's not still in use to some degree. I mean, the windows are certainly clean!

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Click on the photo, go to my Flickr site, enlarge the photo. What looks like cracked glass is actually the reflection of trees. I am not convinced that it's not still in use to some degree. I mean, the windows are certainly clean!
Oh sorry, that window to the left of the door certainly looked like it was broken.
Apologies to any local residents offended by my intimation they could be vandals. :rolleyes:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Oh sorry, that window to the left of the door certainly looked like it was broken.
Apologies to any local residents offended by my intimation they could be vandals. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure there are enough local residents left! This is one of those places that if you sneeze while passing through, you'll miss the whole thing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom