show "abandoned"

@ex machina Nicely done!

One question: Did you brush the dust off your clothing before you went into that room? :biggrin:
Thanks! And no, but in the sub level I stupidly stepped into about a foot of still water that had such a thick layer of concrete dust it looked exactly like the solid floor I walked from. On previous visits the sub level was completely flooded so I was unfamiliar with the layout. Could've been a fatal mistake, really.

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
No, but in the sub level I stupidly stepped into about a foot of still water that had such a thick layer of concrete dust it looked exactly like the solid floor I walked from. On previous visits the sub level was completely flooded so I was unfamiliar with the layout. Could've been a fatal mistake, really.
You gotta' watch walking around in abandoned buildings, especially factories and medical. You get everything from holes in the floor to bare needles.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
A Receiving Vault at an old cemetery. Receiving vaults were necessary in northern climates before machinery, when digging frozen ground was almost impossible. Coffins were stacked in these buildings until the ground thawed in the spring. This was very close to the road and I had to take it through the passenger side window of my truck as I sat in the road. I didn't have time to put a wider lens on. I'd like to go back and poke my head inside when I have more time.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1020460 by telecast, on Flickr

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don

This is on the mesa behind my house, I normally would not hike out to it, but like many we are avoiding the crowds. I only had the 25mm on, I will go back tomorrow with the wide angle. There is no road whatsoever, how did they get that cast iron stove up here?

Went back yesterday, rapidly changing weather made it interesting.

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That sinking feeling one gets when the bank comes and tells him his home loan is "underwater"!

JNB

Mu-43 Veteran

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great spring shot, where was this taken?
On Hwy. 89 going north out of Fairview and a couple of miles before the junction with Hwy. 6. I have foto'd this many times over the year but the brush always screened the shot. Today the hwy. dept., or someone, had cleared a bunch of the brush on this side of the house
so you could actually get a decent shot. I'll post another view from the other side of the house to illustrate the cattails and brush.

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David

GX9 & P12-60

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For parts only .... post-processed using Topaz Adjust

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom