1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shout out to MeFoto.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TNcasual, Jan 27, 2019.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a Mefoto backpacker that I bought used from KEH last year. I am not completely happy with the tripod, but it is what I have so it is what I use.

Last week when I was out at Ozone Falls I slipped on the ice covered rocks while carrying the tripod with camera mounted. Somehow I sheared or broke loose one of the screws that holds the cam that locks the leg in position. Basically, it made one leg of the tripod unusable. A tripod without three legs is no tripod at all.

Since only the screw and washers were lost, I figured I could replace them and have everything back to normal. I started looking for replacement parts on several websites and MeFoto's site. They did not list the screws as purchasable replacement parts. So I shot off a message to their support people.

To my surprise they responded the next morning. After a couple questions they asked for my address to send me a replacement screw and washers - free of charge! I would have been willing to pay a few dollars, but they were happy to send them to keep me up and running.

So, thanks MeFoto! I appreciate the kindness.

33024395548_90ec07cc09_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I have two (day Trip and Road Trip), haven't needed to have them serviced but I'm more than happy with them.

3. relic

relic Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
    I'm glad you're OK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Ha! My thigh was actually sore for a few days. Since the rocks were all covered with a layer of ice there was no easy way to catch myself.

5. relic

relic Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
    At least no hardware broken :)  Ice scares me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.