1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Shout out from johor bahru, Malaysia.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AbsolutKev, Nov 10, 2011.

1. AbsolutKev

AbsolutKev Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Johor, malaysia
    Hi bros n sistas!

My name is Kevin n im 25 this yr. I am glad to join this forum n hope to learn n contribute to this alr deep database.

Im a leisure photog who likes to take almost everythin under the sun but my fav genre is travel photography which i had not any chance to do.

I got into the m43 family last yr. Was using a 2nd hand canon 1ds mk2 for 2yrs and wanted to try out a smaller system that is light yet powerful to be my backup. Who would hav known that my backup system bacame my primary system. Fell in love with the colours, portability, more affordable lenses n looks so much so that i sold my whole canon set away to fund my m43 system. LOoking back, no regrets.

Canon yes a great system but i simPly could not afford the lenses i want. My 1dsmk2, 24-70, 50 1.4 and 580 ex2 qas a product of eating white bread n drinking plain water (sorta) everyday to save up. I still wanted 85 1.2, 70-200 2.8II and a few white tele lenses... For that, even if i resort to eating grass, i could never afford.

What m43 brought me was full of joy. When i sold off my canon set i could afford all the lenses i want. It s a compromise of having a smaller sensor compared to ff but the lenses r so much smaller n cheaper.

I can say, finally, i ve found the system im comfortable with...

Thats all for now folks. C u guys around b hope to make lasting friends! Mayb i can bunk in ur place when i travel ard the world one day! But u cant bunk in mine cos im still stayin wid mom n dad... My hse still under construction. Hehe.. But i ll hook u up with a nice place to stay in my state.

To my bros n sis from malaysia n singapore too, yo yo yo!

Cheers!

2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

3. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    Welcome from KL. quite a few from Malaysia on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

4. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    Welcome.

5. AbsolutKev

AbsolutKev Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Johor, malaysia
    Thank you for the welcome Alf, Richard and Jim.

I was born in KL but shifted down to JB n working in singapore now.

Glad to know many Malaysians here. Mayb someday we can organise an outing for m43 users.