shoulder fired

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pellicle, Apr 6, 2015.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

Technically, I don't see why you couldn't do this just as well with any m4/3 body with wi-fi. It's not like the fact that the AIR is compact is changing the overall form or function of that setup.

3. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Dublin
    Ciaran Reilly
    Ah but it is! It wouldn't look a quarter as cool with a camera hanging off the end! Plus the camera would get constantly bashed into things.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The application shown there is actually quite good, but what I think would be even better is if the phone's camera could be used as a spotting scope (ie showing a wider field of view). That way you could easily follow the subject, but what you'd need is a Bluetooth or wireless trigger to fire the phone that would fire the camera.

5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Not sure how easy that thing would be to use given the extra lag across the WiFi etc for the display/shutter release.

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

I'll take your word for it, but I'm not seeing any difference from where I stand.

7. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    We can't tell from the pictures if there is a greater degree of control enabled from the app. That would be a key difference....

1) the Air might be less expensive than say an e-m1 given the physical differences
    2) the Air might be more durable than a full camera
    3) you might be able to do a lot more from the app - full control from the app, no buttons and dials.

Imagine it with a 25mm lens attached and mounted on the end of a selfie stick at a parade or concert or something...

Mounted on a tripod focused on a flower, or a branch waiting for that bug, or bird to show up while you're in the house, or out of sight, operating from your iPhone.

Don't know if I need one, but I think it's cool and will have application.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.