shoulder fired

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pellicle, Apr 6, 2015.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Technically, I don't see why you couldn't do this just as well with any m4/3 body with wi-fi. It's not like the fact that the AIR is compact is changing the overall form or function of that setup.
  3. CiaranCReilly

CiaranCReilly Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    Ciaran Reilly
    Ah but it is! It wouldn't look a quarter as cool with a camera hanging off the end! Plus the camera would get constantly bashed into things.
  4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The application shown there is actually quite good, but what I think would be even better is if the phone's camera could be used as a spotting scope (ie showing a wider field of view). That way you could easily follow the subject, but what you'd need is a Bluetooth or wireless trigger to fire the phone that would fire the camera.
  5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not sure how easy that thing would be to use given the extra lag across the WiFi etc for the display/shutter release.
  6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'll take your word for it, but I'm not seeing any difference from where I stand.
  7. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    We can't tell from the pictures if there is a greater degree of control enabled from the app. That would be a key difference....

1) the Air might be less expensive than say an e-m1 given the physical differences
    2) the Air might be more durable than a full camera
    3) you might be able to do a lot more from the app - full control from the app, no buttons and dials.

Imagine it with a 25mm lens attached and mounted on the end of a selfie stick at a parade or concert or something...

Mounted on a tripod focused on a flower, or a branch waiting for that bug, or bird to show up while you're in the house, or out of sight, operating from your iPhone.

Don't know if I need one, but I think it's cool and will have application.