1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Shoulder Bag Suggestion (EM10 + lenses)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Swandy, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    I have several camera bags (probably like all of us) but looking for something a bit smaller.

My smallest bag is a Lowepro Rezo 110 AW and for an upcoming trip I want to just take my EM10 and three Olympus lenses (14-42EZ Pancake, 17mm/1.8 and the BCL Fisheye) and the interior of the bag is a bit too large. (Camera is held nicely, but the secondary area is quite a bit too large for even the 17mm.

Any suggestions on something a bit smaller? The two that seemed interesting were the Tamrac Rally Micro 3440 (but that seems to be around the same size as my Lowepro Rezo) and the Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 10. But have not been able to actually handle/see either without schlepping into Manhattan.

Thanks, Steve

2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Would you be interested in making your own? Find a bag that is sized right for what you want to do - if not just a little bit larger and then add inserts or do something to the inside of the bag to make it work the way you want it to.

That's what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yycdave

Yycdave Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2014
    You'll likely get as many opinions as there are bags out there :) but FWIW I've tried quite a few and have settled on the LowePro Event Messenger 100. I find it compact, accessible, easy to carry, and it comfortably holds the E-M10 with a mounted lens along with 2 other primes and a 40-150 zoom. The $30-$40 price makes it pretty attractive too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Lowepro Streamline 100? My E-M10 is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I'll see how it fits. I had used this bag with an E-PL2 with the 17mm/2.8 attached and a 45mm and VF-2 in the other compartment.

5. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    That seems interesting. Let me know how the camera fits. Thanks.

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I'd use my Think Tank MM10. There's one moveable divider, so you could insert camera sideways with any of those lenses mounted and the remaining lenses on the other side of the divider.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    It came in early!

The E-M10 with the Panasonic14mm mounted and a wrist strap fit in one compartment. I have the Sigma 60mm and 30mm in the other compartment and things are snug but not stuck. If the hood for the 60mm was a little smaller diameter it would be perfect.

The slight bulge is caused by the battery and cleaning cloth in the outside pocket.

Attached Files:

8. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Interesting as my EM10 with the 14-42 EZ would be about the same as with the 14mm. And as I would only be using the second pocket for the 17mm, it should not be as "snug" as you have it with the two Sigma lenses.
    One question - if you had one of the larger lenses on the EM10, would you still be able to get everything into the bag? Asking because there will be times that I want to put the EM10 back with the 17mm mounted. Thanks,

9. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I don't have the 17/1.8 so I had to look up the size and I think it would go in but you would likely have a noticeable bulge in the side. It may angle more than I think and you may also be able to move the partition back more with only one small lens in the bag to get a bit more angle

• Like Like x 1
  10. fielder84

fielder84 New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2014
    Hi Swandy,

Did you end up getting the Lowepro Streamline 100? I'm getting exactly the same camera and lens as you within the next few weeks so I'm very interested in you views of this case. Where you able to put either lens on and still fit in ok?

Thanks,
    Ryan

11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I bought the Streamline 100 and sent it back, because it was just too snug. I much prefer the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10. It can handle a lot of different configurations and feels smaller than I recall the Streamline 100 did. Here's a mini review I did on the TTMM10 along with pictures. You'll see my E-M5, because the E-M10 didn't exist at the time. Hope this helps!

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=46307

12. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Ryan - I also responded to your PM - but no, I did not go with the Streamline 100. Could not find a parking spot near B&H to run in and try it and my salesman at Adorama did not have it in stock. He did have a similar bag that was supposedly the same interior dimensions (don't remember the name) and I also felt it was too snug. Went with the Tamarac Rally Micro 3440 - and even though it is almost as wide as the Lowepro bag I had - it is not nearly as thick and seems like it will fit the stuff comfortably that I plan on taking on our trip.

13. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I bought a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 last month and it's a great sized bag for my E-M5 plus three lenses and the small FL300R flash.

• Like Like x 1
  14. h2odogizzy

h2odogizzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014