1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Should Samyang 7.5mm lens profile be in LR6.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Dave in Wales, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I have no idea how to get it to work with lightroom as I do not use that product however putting the profiles in the
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded
    Folder makes them work using Adobe CameraRaw and thus Bridge.

3. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    You won't see profiles in LR for Olympus or Panny lenses, only third-party lenses. With the popularity of the Samyang, I'm a little surprised Adobe has not deemed it important enough to include. See this thread for info about a profile you can use for defishing: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/60658/

EDIT: You'll need to first download the profiles from a link in that thread and then install them. If you work with jpeg you'll want the set that has been created to work with both jpg and raw.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  4. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    There is no official profile for Samyang 7.5 mm in Lightroom.

However, the user profiles that are available in the dpreview post are very good, and have the huge advantage of offering other projections than rectilinear (which is not the most interesting projection for a fisheye lens)