1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Should i switch to Flickr Pro?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by redington, Nov 21, 2012.

1. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Y annual google storage is about to renew - I have the old 20 gig account. It's not enough for my photos since I got my Pen (I'm terrible at deleting photos - its just too hard to delet photos of my kids). I've considered getting the Flickr pro account - unlimited uploads of pics and videos for $25/year.

I like the Flickr idea because they seem most likely to not go belly-up and thus a safer way to backup off-site.

What are people here using? Any reason not to move to Flickr?

I apologize if this has been covered before - my search on the iPhone app didn't show any answers on this issue.

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    yes!!!

3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    smugmug...love the custom interface.

4. gtbike72

gtbike72 New to Mu-43

Nov 7, 2012
    X2 on the Smugmug :2thumbs:

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I use both Smugmug and Flickr and love them both for different reasons.

I think Flickr is still top for its community and interactive features.

I prefer to use Smugmug for storing and sharing full size images with family... nice to be able to password protect a single folder and share original files.

6. Yup... flickr pro.

But I wouldn't depend on any online source as my primary backup.

7. Adubo

Adubo SithLord Subscribing Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    +1

I have my flickr because of the Filo community and thts where i started. And my website's made with smugmugbecause of the great rates/features/interface

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

8. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks for the responses. Smugmug is blocked by my office firewall [mad], so I won't be able to look at it until later. I hope the rates are similar to Flickr, which is part of what attracted me to it.

I'm no pro (about as far from it as this site gets...). I have all of my photos on two machines (mine and my wife's), and have been without an off-site backup solution since I outgrew my google account. I should probably do another backup solution (which would include all of my work in Logic Pro - my other even more expensive hobby), but funds are way too limited. I backup a lot of my music stuff to my free 50gb Box account, but that only really covers current projects...

9. parka

parka Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    Flickr Pro
    Yes.
    Also try out Google Plus. It's free and unlimited.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.