1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Should i switch to Flickr Pro?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by redington, Nov 21, 2012.

1. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Y annual google storage is about to renew - I have the old 20 gig account. It's not enough for my photos since I got my Pen (I'm terrible at deleting photos - its just too hard to delet photos of my kids). I've considered getting the Flickr pro account - unlimited uploads of pics and videos for $25/year.

I like the Flickr idea because they seem most likely to not go belly-up and thus a safer way to backup off-site.

What are people here using? Any reason not to move to Flickr?

I apologize if this has been covered before - my search on the iPhone app didn't show any answers on this issue.

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    yes!!!

3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    smugmug...love the custom interface.

4. gtbike72

gtbike72 New to Mu-43

Nov 7, 2012
    X2 on the Smugmug :2thumbs:

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I use both Smugmug and Flickr and love them both for different reasons.

I think Flickr is still top for its community and interactive features.

I prefer to use Smugmug for storing and sharing full size images with family... nice to be able to password protect a single folder and share original files.

6. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yup... flickr pro.

But I wouldn't depend on any online source as my primary backup.

7. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    +1

I have my flickr because of the Filo community and thts where i started. And my website's made with smugmugbecause of the great rates/features/interface

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

8. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks for the responses. Smugmug is blocked by my office firewall [mad], so I won't be able to look at it until later. I hope the rates are similar to Flickr, which is part of what attracted me to it.

I'm no pro (about as far from it as this site gets...). I have all of my photos on two machines (mine and my wife's), and have been without an off-site backup solution since I outgrew my google account. I should probably do another backup solution (which would include all of my work in Logic Pro - my other even more expensive hobby), but funds are way too limited. I backup a lot of my music stuff to my free 50gb Box account, but that only really covers current projects...

9. parka

parka Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    Flickr Pro
    Yes.
    Also try out Google Plus. It's free and unlimited.