should I or Should I Not

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Photorx12, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I'm already certain that whenever The new Oly comes out I will be one of many who make the purchase. Lately I have been getting the itch to purchase the GF2 especially since the price has dropped. My question is if it's even worth it to purchase if I am going to get the Oly eventually anyways. I do have a Leica
    D-Lux 5 which i am using for black and white photography at the moment. I think I am becoming an addict and will need an intervention.

2. Johnny1.33

Johnny1.33 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    if you give in your addiction will only get worse

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    If you already want the OLY that's not even released yet, just keep shooting with your D-Lux 5.....the newer models depreciate so fast, it's mind-numbing. If you REALLY can't wait, buy a used E-P1 with a lens or 2....those have already depreciated as much as they ever will....and you'll already have some nice glass for your new rig (if you decide to buy it).

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    If the schedule stays true, then you're only waiting a couple of weeks or so for the official announcement...

5. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    if you are set on the new oly, when it does come out. It makes little sense to get the gf2. It is the older sensor form the g1 and gf1. All you are getting is the 14 2.5. If you were going to get a older camera I would get the gf1 with the 20 1.7 if they are available. It will give you a excellent lens for low low light for the oly when it comes out. And it is a nicer lens then the 14 2.5

6. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    The gf1 with the 20mm lens is available, but avg price is 900......no thank you.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    But think... when you buy your new Olympus body, you will now have a $400 lens to use on it, which you bought as an included kit with a body that you could use for the time. It's a much more sound investment than spending say $700 for a camera that you're just going to use temporarily, and may not carry any parts forward when you buy the camera you want.

8. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    it has gone back up with supplies getting low, they were pretty cheap in the 700 dollar range couple of months ago.

9. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Yes they did, the ones that i do see for 900 are used, new ones are about 1,100.

10. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    if the wallet is burning for you to get something, get the epl-2 and you will have a good backup for the new oly when it comes out, and the msc lens focus pretty darn fast relatively for a mirrorless, and it is better then the gf2 in higher iso.

11. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I ended up purchasing the E-PL2....Thanx for all the advice!