Should i keep it?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kekeh, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Kekeh

Kekeh New to Mu-43

Mar 20, 2015
    Kekeh
    Hello folks a have i dillema! An month ago shutter on my E-M1 has failed so i took it to repair center. While awaiting it to arrive back i've been using my wifes E-Pl7 successfully, but then E-M5 MK II came to local Olympus store as pre-order and i couldn't resist, with all the nice reviews and features, i pre ordered one in silver. So one week later a delivery man called in my door and i was happy EM5II owner. But then after two weeks my E-M1 was succesfully repaired via brand new shutter.
    And now i've been looking on my cameras, i love them both, i really don't want to part with my E-M1 it gave me so much fun and nice pictures, i also love MKII altought ergonomics wise it might been better, and than rotating screen decision is questionable as i am much more used to the E-M1 variant, still pretty decent camera. I know in the first place i shouldnt been ordered EM5II but what is done its done, no way back. But now should i keep both or sell the EM5II? Opinios please?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I would keep it if you will use it. I also have the 5MII, but I've got the original 5 as well and I intend to use both. I'll set one for X with one lens and the other for Y with another lens. I always used two Canon APS-C cameras and this is SO much easier. I can carry two cameras, five lenses and my flash and tripod and not even feel like I did just carrying my Canon 7D. I think if you use both you've got a great setup.

3. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Im in a similar boat. I have come to the decision that I will be selling both my EM1 and GX7 and only keeping the EM5mk2. I bought the HLD8G (grip only) and I swear it feels just oh so similar to my EM1 so now I can just choose whether I want a bigger sized camera with better ergonomics or a small almost pocketable camera with a small prime. Last night I did a sharpness test with the EM1 and EM5mk2 with the 45mm 1.8 and they are about even to my eyes so that clinched it for me. The EM5mk2 even had a little more pop in color all things considered. I love it. I feel its the most versatile camera on the market right now. I also dabble in video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.