Should i keep it?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kekeh, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Kekeh

Kekeh New to Mu-43

Mar 20, 2015
    Kekeh
    Hello folks a have i dillema! An month ago shutter on my E-M1 has failed so i took it to repair center. While awaiting it to arrive back i've been using my wifes E-Pl7 successfully, but then E-M5 MK II came to local Olympus store as pre-order and i couldn't resist, with all the nice reviews and features, i pre ordered one in silver. So one week later a delivery man called in my door and i was happy EM5II owner. But then after two weeks my E-M1 was succesfully repaired via brand new shutter.
    And now i've been looking on my cameras, i love them both, i really don't want to part with my E-M1 it gave me so much fun and nice pictures, i also love MKII altought ergonomics wise it might been better, and than rotating screen decision is questionable as i am much more used to the E-M1 variant, still pretty decent camera. I know in the first place i shouldnt been ordered EM5II but what is done its done, no way back. But now should i keep both or sell the EM5II? Opinios please?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I would keep it if you will use it. I also have the 5MII, but I've got the original 5 as well and I intend to use both. I'll set one for X with one lens and the other for Y with another lens. I always used two Canon APS-C cameras and this is SO much easier. I can carry two cameras, five lenses and my flash and tripod and not even feel like I did just carrying my Canon 7D. I think if you use both you've got a great setup.

3. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Im in a similar boat. I have come to the decision that I will be selling both my EM1 and GX7 and only keeping the EM5mk2. I bought the HLD8G (grip only) and I swear it feels just oh so similar to my EM1 so now I can just choose whether I want a bigger sized camera with better ergonomics or a small almost pocketable camera with a small prime. Last night I did a sharpness test with the EM1 and EM5mk2 with the 45mm 1.8 and they are about even to my eyes so that clinched it for me. The EM5mk2 even had a little more pop in color all things considered. I love it. I feel its the most versatile camera on the market right now. I also dabble in video.