1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Should i bother with Aperture 2?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by redington, Jun 8, 2012.

1. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Long story short: in order to use certain audio equipment I'm stuck on a Powermac G5. I think the newest version of aperture I can run is 2. It won't support raw images from my e-pm1. IPhoto is a PITA. Will aperture 2 do anything for me? I can pick it up use for $16.

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Aperture 2 was significantly slower than the current version. It does do some nice things, but without RAW support, you're somewhat handicapped.

I'd say Lightroom 2.7 would be a better option if you can find a license inexpensively. It will also work with E-PM1 RAW files, if you can somehow convert them to DNG first. The main problem is that the version of DNG converter that supports the E-PM1 (6.5 or newer) doesn't run on PPC either. It's possible that there are other ways to convert to DNG though...

DH

3. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks, l'll look around and see what I can find. I really need a new machine...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.