1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Should have done this long ago...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by marcl, Oct 12, 2012.

1. marcl

marcl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I've been making a few posts for a while, lurking on this forum even longer, but never introduced myself. I am taking the opportunity of a delayed flight (the Chicago/New York route is really bad) to introduce myself.

I come from Canon FF and APS. I had a nice collection of glass but quite honestly, I was using it less and less. Personal life, read kids, and work just took away the opportunities.

So last winter, I tried an E-PL1 and Panny 20mm. Because of the compact size, I was taking my camera along with me again. But I wasn't happy with the responsiveness of the camera. When the E-M5 was announced, I returned the E-PL1 and waited. The E-M5 is all I was looking for. It's all I want as a casual enthusiast. Great at snapshots. It's the most configurable camera: from small to big, depending on your purpose for that occasion. The pictures are fabulous straight OOC. The raws offer so much capabilities.

And then there are the lenses. Wow, I can now shoot a 24-70mm at a third of the weight. Or great little primes. Or a diminutive pancake. Or take all of them in a small camera bag. As you can tell from my signature, I have a bit of a problem: an addiction for lenses. Oh well, my purchases were mostly funded by selling my Canon gear. It's all gone now, except for one old body. But dang, that Oly 75mm looks really good...

Well, we're boarding now. Thank you to all the posters (and Amin) for helping me do my research into m43. I look forward to reading more great information. I hope I can contribute too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. f64

f64 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2010
    You are definitely not alone.
    For basically the same reasons, I switched to :43: about 3 years ago and sold my 20 year collection of Nikon gear (it's still paying for new :43: goodies).

And yes, that 75mm is calling my name too. :thumbup: