1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

should have checked found deals first...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Darlar, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Darlar

Darlar Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 20, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Darren
    I was checking the price on the FL-300R on amazon.com and saw it was listed right now as ~$89. After subtracting the rebate, that makes the flash about $40+tax. Does that add up? I read the fine print on the flash rebate form, and as long as my flash shows up in time to send the rebate in it should all work out...

So, I've never done an Olympus rebate before: did I miss something here?

/////

Nevermind, I'm the last person to notice this deal...

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Hi Darren,

Your math is good (except for the &%#@! sales tax as a WA resident which pushes the price to almost $50), but your timing may be a bit late.

Amazon is currently quoting a 1-2 month shipping time at that price, so you'd be lucky to get the item in time to meet the rebate's 4/15 submission deadline. It might be worth a shot -- you could always cancel your order if it doesn't ship in time.

BTW, here's another thread covering this very deal.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Sorry, it looks like you got your answer quicker than I could type up a response.

BTW, what part of Seattle do you live in? I'm down in the Rainier Valley.

4. Darlar

Darlar Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 20, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Darren
    thanks

.. for the reply. I ordered one anyway, and will monitor the shipping to see if they discover an extra box or two before the cutoff date.

I'm up in Everett, btw.