Shots with Canon 300mm FD L and Non-L lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Gary Ramey, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Gary Ramey

Gary Ramey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Aurora Colorado
    Well I have heard that non L lenses are hit or miss. Some are sharper than others. With the lens I purchased, it wasn't very sharp and it also suffered from a lot of CA. I'll let you decide. Here are a few photos. First the non-L version. I took several from several angles but none would be worth keeping

The next 3 are with the L version of the same lens.

the 2nd one against a bright sky is cropped but virtually no CA in the L version and tack sharp. In the last 3 photos simple slider adjustments in lightroom.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Very nice work Gary! I really love #1!

3. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Wow! How did you get to know that owl family! i thought they only came out at night.

4. Gary Ramey

Gary Ramey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Aurora Colorado
    This Family, a mom and 3 sub adults now, live in a suburb green area in Colorado. Small area so they're easy to find. :) I remember years ago someone on this thread said that some great photos exist in your back yard. I started to explore mine and have indeed found some worthy subjects. Anyone in Denver want to see them...will give guided tour for beer :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.