1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

ShotOnWhat.com

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by klee, Nov 11, 2013.

1. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    Cool site that lets you search for films shot by Camera Model.

The EP5 was used (partially) to shoot Mad Max Fury Road (2013).
    The EP1 was used to shoot Secretariat! (2010)

2 Guns (2013) was shot with the GH2

http://shotonwhat.com/browse-index/cameras

• Like Like x 1
  2. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Southern California
    Just understand that it may have been used in 2 Guns in a very limited role...

2guns01.

Any shots of the behind the scenes for 2 Guns that I saw were showing the Panaflex Millenium XL2. All the other movies listed on that site used the GH2 exclusively.

• Like Like x 1
  3. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    maybe just for the bonus features and out takes.

4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    I believe for Secritariat, that e-p1s were used to get close up shots of horses hooves running at full speed.... the small size meant they could get the camera in places that a bigger and more expensive cameras couldn't and wouldn't go.

like any good craftsman, movie makers are very adept at using the right tool for the job. There are lots of areas where the cameras you and i use could be used in a movie... hey if the script requires an actor to look at an iphone movie on a screen, why not use an iphone!

I would think that in the world of documentary, that you will find a better mix of traditional cameras working alongside 'our' cameras

Still it is very encouraging, and somewhat is a poke in the eye to those who think that our cameras are somehow inferior in the image quality stakes.

as I often say, its not about the camera... its about the person behind it

K