Shooting Spiders Drunk!!!…Not Safe for Arachnophobes

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Sitting outside the other night I was watching a spider build a web right by where I was sitting. Emboldened by the bottle of red wine I was working my way through I grabbed the E-M1 and the 50 mm 4/3 macro and the FLR600 as well as the little clip on flash… after a lot of fiddling with settings, positioning of camera and lights, and despite the wine induced wobbling of the camera I got a couple of half decent shots. Not quite National Geographic standard… maybe shooting at f22 wasn’t ideal…..but hey if you don’t try you don’t learn

K

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P8230107 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P8230052 by kevinparis, on Flickr

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Thanks for all the thanks

here are few more of Charlotte ( GF’s name for her/him!!!)

these were shot at f8… seem sharper… definitely think I had hit the dreaded diffraction limit at f22

stlll standing on a chair holding the flash in one hand and the camera in another its all a bit hit and miss

sadly I bumped the web and now charlotte is not speaking to me…

K

P8260065 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P8260045 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P8260034 by kevinparis, on Flickr

Just Jim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Haha. Usually when I shoot on the tipsy side f22 or or f2 they're still blurry. Good shots. Only thing I wonder, are you upside down, or is the spider?

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
IBIS is great for wine wobbles. Flash is even better! I suggest some hair and modelling spots to really bring out her 'personality'... especially the 'fluid sucking murderess' parts. Them's the only parts my wife notices anyway.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom