Shooting RAW With G5 and Lightroom

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by kevin boyer, Oct 8, 2013.

1. kevin boyer

kevin boyer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    I just received my new G5. I currently have LR 3.6. I've never shot in RAW and am concerned that my LR version will not work with RAW based on what I've seen here on the forums. I see that LR 5 is now out and that it will recognize RAW with the G5. I have to confess that I have not done that much PP in the past, but I know that the SOOC jpegs are not the greatest with the G5, so maybe it's time I learn how to shoot in RAW and do more PP. After seeing all of the incredible photos here on the various forums I realize that PP can, and does make a difference.

As far as PP software goes, I tend to think that LR is one of the easier programs to work with based on what I have seen, and read online. Is there any other software I should look at that is user friendly?

2. jhawk1000

jhawk1000 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
  3. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Todd Cleaver
    I had never shot RAW or done much PP until I bought a G5. I got light room 5 and am now having almost as much fun doing PP as shooting. I didn't know what I was missing.
  4. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    I downloaded Adobe DNG convertor, works great with LR3.6 and the G5, best to go through your pics, then choose the best that you want to work on, move them into a folder and process them with DNG leaving the originals. Otherwise it wants to process everything in the folder you open, waste of time imho. The moon shot I just posted in the G5 image thread was done with DNG and LR3.6.

Here is a couple of shots, the Violets I was playing with colour saturation, printed out on 6x8 pretty vividly :biggrin: LOL I was using the G5 and from memory the 14-140 and/or the Oly 45.