1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Shooting RAW With G5 and Lightroom

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by kevin boyer, Oct 8, 2013.

1. kevin boyer

kevin boyer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    I just received my new G5. I currently have LR 3.6. I've never shot in RAW and am concerned that my LR version will not work with RAW based on what I've seen here on the forums. I see that LR 5 is now out and that it will recognize RAW with the G5. I have to confess that I have not done that much PP in the past, but I know that the SOOC jpegs are not the greatest with the G5, so maybe it's time I learn how to shoot in RAW and do more PP. After seeing all of the incredible photos here on the various forums I realize that PP can, and does make a difference.

As far as PP software goes, I tend to think that LR is one of the easier programs to work with based on what I have seen, and read online. Is there any other software I should look at that is user friendly?

Kevin.

2. jhawk1000

jhawk1000 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    Kansas
  3. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    I had never shot RAW or done much PP until I bought a G5. I got light room 5 and am now having almost as much fun doing PP as shooting. I didn't know what I was missing.

4. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    I downloaded Adobe DNG convertor, works great with LR3.6 and the G5, best to go through your pics, then choose the best that you want to work on, move them into a folder and process them with DNG leaving the originals. Otherwise it wants to process everything in the folder you open, waste of time imho. The moon shot I just posted in the G5 image thread was done with DNG and LR3.6.

Here is a couple of shots, the Violets I was playing with colour saturation, printed out on 6x8 pretty vividly :biggrin: LOL I was using the G5 and from memory the 14-140 and/or the Oly 45.

Tulips5.
    Violets_sm.

Attached Files: