Shooting RAW at 3:2

CCRoo

Mu-43 Regular
When I shoot RAW at 3:2 I see the full 4:3 frame until I hit the shutter and then the white border shows up indicating the crop. It would be more useful to see the actual dimensions when composing the shot. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Raoul

OPSSam

Mu-43 Regular
Usually by nature the live preview is cropped, the RAW carries the aspect info to be applied later, but will not throw out that data because it is RAW. So it shows you the raw with that crop info displayed as a box. Depending on the software you use, those crops will be applied upon download, but the entire raw image will still be available if you change your mind.

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Usually by nature the live preview is cropped, the RAW carries the aspect info to be applied later, but will not throw out that data because it is RAW. So it shows you the raw with that crop info displayed as a box. Depending on the software you use, those crops will be applied upon download, but the entire raw image will still be available if you change your mind.

Not with the GH1. The RAWs are cropped to the aspect ratio as well. I think the same applies to my G1. Maybe it's an Olympus thing to keep the RAWs at full 4:3.

pharaviel

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Daniele Frizzi
I think that's needed with the multi-aspect sensor of the GHs... If they. Don' switch off pixels, the raw file would result in a strange shaped image...

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

Latest threads

Top Bottom