Shipping date for gx7?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by niclashill, Aug 29, 2013.

1. niclashill

niclashill Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2012
    Hi,

I have pre-ordered the gx7 in uk, and heard a few different shipping date. What do you know about the date?

Im SO eager to start shooting with the new gx. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mu-43 mobile app

2. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    it would be nice to know if anyone knows about this!! As i am also really eager to get mine!!

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Amazon lists shipping date with 14-42mm Sept 27 and body only Sept 30. But my experience with Amazon is that these dates are only a prognostication.

4. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Amazon tends to ship preordered items earlier than dated. On the other hand, lots of smaller dealers get stock before Amazon does.

5. deejayvee

deejayvee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    David
    I was told it will be the 23rd September here in Australia.

6. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    I work in a camera shop in Western Canada and my Panasonic rep said late September at the earliest...I guess we're not getting it earlier in Canada like the Sony RX100II but I'll keep ya posted.

7. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I really hate how camera companies announce products long before they are ready to ship :mad: just saying!

:)

8. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    Some companies are better than others, Sony JUST announced their A3000, yet are claiming it'll be available in a week or two.

Apple generally announces products and they are available immediately.

Panasonic doesn't have the best of luck with supply. (Panasonic GH3 and G6 took their sweet times to get to stores)

9. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I was told today at the store where I placed my order a while back to expect to see my camera the third week of September. The internet dealers will be receiving their shipments later. I had a chance to handle the camera with a variety of lenses. I feels just right to me. The size and weight are as close to perfect as any Panasonic camera I have handled to date. Not too much bigger than a GF1, but with a bigger grip and better control layout. It weighs a lot less than I expected. I think anyone who has ordered the GX7 will be delighted when their cameras arrive.

Thank you very much to Giulio Sciorio with whom I spent about two hours learning about the GX7 and conversing about photography. Also thanks to Mark Toal of Panasonic and the all the folks at Kenmore Camera.

Mike

10. Faceinthecrowd

Faceinthecrowd Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    Which store said that?
    What price with 20mm?

11. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    The Nikon D600 was shipped like a week or two after announcement, the Canon 1DX was shipped like 8 months after announcement. It's all over the place even within one manufacturer, and obviously we as consumers are impatient, but they have their reasons.

12. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Here in Japan its apparently around September 12-13.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

13. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Panasonic NZ have tweeted - "Just been informed the first shipment of the GX7 is due to arrive in mid-September." Trying to get a date out of Panasonic AU...

14. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    anyone know of UK shipping dates???......

15. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    I like Japan! Wish next time I have vacation there!

16. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    well i suppose it is made in japan afterall... so no surprises as to them having it first! haha...
    on a separate note, i just emailed my store where i pre-ordered... and they have advised me that having spoken with panasonic uk, they are anticipating it to be in the uk by second week of september... with customers to have hopefully by the third week..... but not 100% certain yet tho..

17. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    If you want a Japanese market camera, better make sure you can read Japanese....

18. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Don't they have the menu setting to change languages?

19. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Haha nope!! That's why I hate the GX7 :biggrin:

Panasonic and Sony doesn't offer multi-language for their local units here. Although there are some International versions available...at a premium.

20. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    I don't understand how these companys brains working. It doesn't cost more to put mulit-language setting in.