1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Shipping by USPS/Nicaraguan Correos

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MizOre, May 21, 2012.

1. MizOre

MizOre Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    My first three orders were shipped through USPS and the Nicaraguan Postal Service. I have my Post Office Box listed as APDO #, and during my first three orders, this was picked up appropriately and I was able to have the shipments come to my local Correos office where I live. I've never heard of USP or FedEx making deliveries to houses in Nicaragua. All shipments through them require going to Managua (3 hours one way by bus) and running around to different places by cab to get paperwork. I was excited that I could order from you without having to do this, but now the form is only giving me UPS or FedEX pick up in Managua. I can see having to go to Managua for high ticket bulky items, but I was trying to order few small things that tend to be very hard to find here (Class 10 SD card, Giotto blower). Trying various things in my shopping cart continued to only allow me no option that I could use to have things shipped to the city I live in.

As my previous orders had been lenses or lenses and a camera, I tried just order a lens, but got the same lack of alternatives to the ones that don't deliver to P.O. boxes or houses in Nicaragua.

I've also emailed customer service.

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

The US Post Office has decided to no longer deliver boxes containing lithium ion batteries. Until our computer system can distinguish items that contain these batteries from products that do not, all USPS shipping for international addresses has been suspended. We are working diligently on this issue and hope to resume shipping ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MizOre

MizOre Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I will order again when you've sorted this out. Glad I got my camera and the two additional lenses when I did (seems like I was lucky when I ordered the 20mm f/1.7 Panasonic lens, too, since it's been in and out of stock during the last several months).

Meanwhile, a friend is going to get me the SD cards since they're rather four times the price in Nicaragua that they'd be in the US.

4. MizOre

MizOre Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Happy to say this has been sorted and it's now possible to have things shipped by mail to Nicaragua (and probably other countries). And thanks for the catalogue in Spanish, which will help me figure out how to explain cameras and stuff to friends here.

• Like Like x 1