Ship Wreck at Bluff

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran

Bluff is a little fishing community on the south island of New Zealand. It is allegedly the most southern village of NZ. It is allegedly one of the earliest European settlements in NZ (or earliest that survived to become a town). Bluff is also the main port to Stewart Island (that island thing hanging off the south end of NZ). There are a lot of shipwrecks in the surrounding waters and most of them were from back in the olden days ... before our days. The real / older wrecks are underwater. The one in the picture is a relatively new one but it's the only thing I could really photograph and it was convenient along one of the walks along the shore. It's taken from what's known as the ship graveyard.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I like the last one the best but although the light seems a little more flat in that one. I would think that late afternoon or early morning light would do wonders to the scene.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Number 3 !
Actually I didn't like the first two at all, need more contrast or something.

That last pic is brilliant! I love the rocks pretending to be monochrome and the brown wreck. I almost feel the bobbing waves.

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
wow, I'm surprised. I personally thought the first ones were better because the grass/bushes/shore seemed to add something to the picture for me. I almost didn't post the last picture because it didn't really do too much for me. I did purposely frame the rocks in the 3rd picture, and yes the light was a little flat from that side (that's why the colour of the wood was a little more pronounced from the pictures from the other angles). I do see how a black and white of the last maybe kind of neato - maybe with a little grain and fuzz thrown in too :smile: maybe later.

thanks for the comments everyone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom