Shells - post yours too

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
My apologies if there is another shell thread. I didn’t see one. I was getting in my car today and looked down and saw this tiny shell. No bigger than a nickle. Sitting in a sea of bark. Just waiting to get stepped on and crushed. So I picked it up. If only everything was so easy to rescue.
52CFEEDD-F3CE-4B87-986F-A16883DB9B8C.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Nice photo. I have tried photo stacking yet myself. Do you use a tripod? Did you do it in camera or with software in post processing?

Thanks. Hand held f4 1/100sec 30shots stacked with Helicon. What I didn't factor in with some other (wasted) shots is that you have to be aware that the initial focusing on what you consider to be the nearest point eg the front of the shell, may not necessarily be so. If the subject has height as in the spikes on top of the shell, the top of the subject may be the nearest point of focus and not the "front" and consequently can appear OOF in the finished stack IYKWIM? I'll keep practicing till I get it right :)

Last edited:
_7317706_DxOdcLM-TS.jpg

Used tripod.

Last edited:
_7317695_DxOTSdcLM.jpg

Used tripod.

Last edited:
Real Name
Glenn
Here’s an unusual one. It is a Lenticular Foraminifera smaller than the head of a pin from the Pliocene about 3.5 million years ago. Benthic single cell plankton more or less but still a shell. Photographed under a microscope with a Nikon F2S and scanned from a Kodachrome 25 slide.
8C15F516-A90A-488C-A666-81ED07792EB7.jpeg

Real Name
Glenn
Olive snail from Pensacola beach.
0C8E20D1-0257-4EC2-92D9-D959E7282623.jpeg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom