1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Shedding some weight, gaining some flexibility

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by BruceW, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BruceW

BruceW New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2010
    West Yorkshire
    Maybe there is a better place for an introduction...

I've had some pretty good Nikon kit sitting around for the last few years gathering dust (well no, it's been protected from dust -- but unused). Partly this is due to the fact that the size and weight means it doesn't get taken on most travels, even by car. Also, my means are not what they once were, and so I tend to balk at the costs of professional film developing if shooting many frames. Plus, I got annoyed at needing 2 bodies in order to have colour and B&W options.

So I've been intrigued enough to investigate the whole m4/3 world for the last month or so. getting close to a GF1, but thinking I'll wait to see what new springs up from Panny in the next 9 months. A rangefinder with high res finder would be pretty cool. I've already assembled a basic set of Hexanon lenses in preparation. Now to put the Nikon stuff on the Bay in order to fund it all!

I've been missing creative photography, and using a digital p&s is not very satisfying, not to mention that PP on JPEG's doesn't yield very satisfactory results. So I look forward to a coat-pocketable camera, with a couple nice prime lenses, and RAW output... and getting back into shooting as a creative outlet.

I guess this should be moved to the Intro's forum. Sorry I didn't find it until after posting, and can't see how to move this thread myself.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, Bruce!

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Bruce ! Nice to have you here !

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello Bruce and welcome aboard. Make yourself at home and once you get your new :43: be sure to let us know.:biggrin:

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Bruce - this is a good place to soak up info.

6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!

7. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    You are going to enjoy this.

Welcome!

Bokeh Diem

8. Vic B

Vic B Mu-43 Regular