Sharp adapted price/performance lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by JoelSutherland, Apr 3, 2011.

1. JoelSutherland

JoelSutherland Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2010
    I'm looking to get an adapted lens. I currently own the 20/1.7 and a Hexanon 57/1.4.

I would like to get something with a focal length in between the two.

This lens will be used almost exclusively outdoors and my only interest is sharpness -- I don't really care how far open it goes.

What lenses should I be considering?
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The 40 Hexanon is a real winner. Small, fast, with nice contrast.
    You already have the adapter so, it's right there. Very inexpensive on the bay.
  3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    I can only agree with streetshooter 40mm 1.8 seems a fantastic lens as you have the adapter it will not cost you more than 30 euros ( standard lens on konica SLR) , now if you want a different mount have a look at this :

Ilia Koltsov - Micro 4/3 and legacy lenses
  4. JoelSutherland

JoelSutherland Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2010
    Is there anything else

Ha, dangit.

When I bought the 57/1.4 I also bought the 40/1.8. My little sister's birthday was coming up so before I had the chance to play with it I gave it to her! It sounds like I should get another.

Is there anything else out there to consider? Even if it is a bit more expensive?
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Sharpness isn't always the be-all and end-all for a lens but if it is your number one priority then there a number of Canon new FD lenses that fit the bill. The 24/2.8, 28/2, 35/2, 50/1.4 can be very sharp. They aren't anywhere near as cheap as the Hexanon 40/1.8 but are still reasonably affordable. They also tend to hold their sharpness fairly well at larger apertures.