Sharp adapted price/performance lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by JoelSutherland, Apr 3, 2011.

1. JoelSutherland

JoelSutherland Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2010
    I'm looking to get an adapted lens. I currently own the 20/1.7 and a Hexanon 57/1.4.

I would like to get something with a focal length in between the two.

This lens will be used almost exclusively outdoors and my only interest is sharpness -- I don't really care how far open it goes.

What lenses should I be considering?

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The 40 Hexanon is a real winner. Small, fast, 1.8...sharp with nice contrast.
    You already have the adapter so, it's right there. Very inexpensive on the bay.

3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    I can only agree with streetshooter 40mm 1.8 seems a fantastic lens as you have the adapter it will not cost you more than 30 euros ( standard lens on konica SLR) , now if you want a different mount have a look at this :

Ilia Koltsov - Micro 4/3 and legacy lenses

4. JoelSutherland

JoelSutherland Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2010
    Is there anything else

Ha, dangit.

When I bought the 57/1.4 I also bought the 40/1.8. My little sister's birthday was coming up so before I had the chance to play with it I gave it to her! It sounds like I should get another.

Is there anything else out there to consider? Even if it is a bit more expensive?

5. Sharpness isn't always the be-all and end-all for a lens but if it is your number one priority then there a number of Canon new FD lenses that fit the bill. The 24/2.8, 28/2, 35/2, 50/1.4 can be very sharp. They aren't anywhere near as cheap as the Hexanon 40/1.8 but are still reasonably affordable. They also tend to hold their sharpness fairly well at larger apertures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.