Sharing your photos online - where to start?

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
I guess it depends on WHY you share your photos online. I mainly use my own blog. It was meant to be a personal blog to share about our move to Ireland, and life in West Cork etc but I'm going to make it more of a photography blog.
I hate Facebook and Instagram. I keep my Facebook only because certain livestreams are done there, and I'm planning to delete my Instagram accounts, only to with an account I have together with my husband, for (mainly) Swedish friends who want to follow our life in Ireland.

I'm testing both Ello and Vero right now - two fairly new social networks that are worth checking out. Blipfoto could be another alternative.
For more commercial/business related purposes, I would build a portfolio on my own website and if I decided to use social media for business, I would link everything to the website.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I guess it depends on WHY you share your photos online. I mainly use my own blog. It was meant to be a personal blog to share about our move to Ireland, and life in West Cork etc but I'm going to make it more of a photography blog.
I hate Facebook and Instagram. I keep my Facebook only because certain livestreams are done there, and I'm planning to delete my Instagram accounts, only to with an account I have together with my husband, for (mainly) Swedish friends who want to follow our life in Ireland.

I'm testing both Ello and Vero right now - two fairly new social networks that are worth checking out. Blipfoto could be another alternative.
For more commercial/business related purposes, I would build a portfolio on my own website and if I decided to use social media for business, I would link everything to the website.
Another one similar to Blipfoto is Aminus3. I used them years ago when I tried one post per day. That style of posting did not work for me, but the community was quite friendly. Their site is here - https://www.aminus3.com/ .

--Ken

wes camino

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
wes camino
I am a bit late to the party by my contribution. Everyone has named the big names: Flickr, Facebook, 500pix, etc. Has anyone considered the smaller players? How about ePhotozine? The difference between a paid membership and a free one is primarily in the presentation or appearance of one's account page. You can load an unlimited number of photos to your personal gallery each day. But, you can only put one photo up on the public gallery per day, no matter if you are a paid or free member. There are groups, but they are mostly long expired. There are forums which vary considerably by the degree of activity. Paid membership is inexpensive - 15 euros per year or the equivalent in your currency. There is just one thing to remember, though. This is very much a UK site. Much of the chatter is about current events in the nation or places in the country to shoot. It may be a good idea to listen to the BBC occasionally before joining in on a discussion. But, as mentioned you may find other smaller sites than the large ones mentioned if you do a serious search. Deviant Art has a small, but interesting photo group if you are into that sort of thing. There's lots out there. Only limited by your effort to do a serious search for them. Good luck.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom