Share your Zoo pictues

Discussion in 'Nature' started by AverageCanadian, Apr 26, 2011.

1. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2010
    I wasn't sure where to add some of these pics so I thought I'd just make a new thread. Lets see your Zoo pictures everybody. Also leave a little note about the Zoo as well.

Lehigh Valley Zoo, Schnecksville, PA, USA

This is a small zoo, that takes a little driving to get to, but it is set up rather well. Especially their Mexcian Wolf exhibit. They even have holes in the screen for your lens. First time I've actually seen Wolfs on the move before. Took the wife and I about 3 hours to walk the entire thing but it was worth the price of admission ($10 I think). I'd gladly pay that just to see the wolfs again, especially around feeding time :)

Some of these are a cross post from Share Birds

I still have to go through my Bronx Zoo pics, hopefully those will be up tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    AvCan, I like your wolf pics a lot. Almost can't see they are from a zoo, and that's a compliment !

Here's a few I shot last summer in the Zoo of Antwerp, Belgium.
    It's a city zoo, right in the center of town.
    It takes you 4-6 hours to see everything, and it can be terribly crowded during weekends.
    So, photographing is really challenging.

Still, I like these a lot !

G1 with 45-200, basically.

C U
    • Like Like x 4
  3. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2010
    Excellent work f6cvalkyrie. I loved my 45-200 when I had it but it was just a bit too short for birding. Perfect for the Zoo if you ask me though. A lot easier to walk around with than 100-300 as well.

I've posted these before but now that I've created a zoo thread I can do it again :).
    These were taken at the Washington Zoo, mostly with the 45-200(if not all). The Zoo itself it pretty impressive considering its free. If I remember correctly, 3 hours should be enough to see everything if you wanted. A lot of going either downhill or uphill but it was well done.

• Like Like x 1