Share your Images from CCD sensor cameras, all brands

John King

Member of SOFA
Cameraderie.org or Beaumaris, Melbourne, Australia
Real Name
John ...
Yes, my work iPhone now takes daily lunch at least. Now I have converted my personal phone to a Nokia 3310, which is extremely tiny and only needs charging every 18 days even with calls and texts (with the keypad, of course)! It's not connected to the internet and I like it.
AB, I had a small number of criteria for my new phone (not in any particular order, but all essential to me):

1) Long battery life - 5+ days with normal use;
2) All but physically indestructible in any kind of normal use;
3) Waterproof, at least to dunny depth ;) (IP68 rating) ;
4) Superb reception - not faux "Blue tick" like some Apple and Samsung products (for youse foreigners, "Blue Tick" in Australia means excellent rural and remote reception);
5) Not clogged up with unremovable Google s/w. This is what has caused me to ditch my old phone, which still works perfectly in all respects after about 5.5 years. Google keep updating apps that I never use, and this runs the phone out of memory. My new phone (same company, ZTE) has the essentiaal apps installed, and not every bit of detritus Google could think of, like my old phone!

My new phone is a ZTE T86, with 64GB memory, and a 128GB microSD card. It fulfills all the above criteria.

relic

Hobbyist
Just tried my old Olympus C-720 3-Mpix super zoom (I used built-in flash).

P1010410cdLM.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

35-mm equiv. focal length used = 188 mm.

Last edited:

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kaore au i te rite mo tera.
My new phone is a ZTE T86, with 64GB memory, and a 128GB microSD card. It fulfills all the above criteria.
That's good to know. I will have a look at that when I am to change phones/systems.

My last blue tick phone was the Nokia N95. It would have been nice to get disconnected, meaning no phone calls, when doing field work and, while the other workers/associates already lost their signal with their newer smartphones, I was till getting plenty of queries.

My last proper waterproof smartphone was the Sony Ericsson Acro S. I took underwater videos and photos with it. I even brought it with me in the shower. The camera of that phone is so-so but it was truly very resistant to elements.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
@ABFoz, I wouldn't go so far as to deliberately immerse it ...
It won't die from a dunking in the dunny, apparently.

One reviewer spent all day dropping it from desk height onto a concrete floor. It didn't break. So he ran over it with a truck. That broke it, but it still functioned as a phone ...

The camera is actually quite decent. Far better than my old T83. In good light, it's really more than acceptable. A4 prints look great. The auto ISO will ramp the amplification to very lousy levels in anything but full sunlight. It takes considerably better photos than SWMBO's Samsung S8.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I will take note of that, @John King. It really is good to have such first-hand feedback. Cheers.
It has to be able to survive my falling on it, and still function. I really cannot afford the battery to go flat when calling 000.

Last time I fell, I was on the kitchen floor with the fridge and a steel roof between me and the nearest tower. Fortunately, CDMA is the basis of our phone system these days, and it's really good at multi-pathing, which GSM was lousy at.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kaore au i te rite mo tera.
It has to be able to survive my falling on it, and still function. I really cannot afford the battery to go flat when calling 000.
I agree. My juice-hungre iPhone SE definitely won't work for you, haha.

Last time I fell, I was on the kitchen floor with the fridge and a steel roof between me and the nearest tower.
Ouch. I hope you have recovered well from that.

EDIT: I found a CCD Canon P&S in the stash and will try to get it to work. Let's see what that can do.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I agree. My juice-hungre iPhone SE definitely won't work for you, haha.

Ouch. I hope you have recovered well from that.

Thanks. No real damage done, but 16 hours in the local emergency ward and a flying visit to my cardiologist 2 days later took up a fair bit of time! I went down like a packet of salts onto a tiled concrete floor. I'm absolutely amazed that I didn't hit anything or damage myself. Phone was out of reach on the kitchen bench ... it now lives permanently in my pocket.

No specific cause ever discovered, and thankfully no repeats.

EDIT: I found a CCD Canon P&S in the stash and will try to get it to work. Let's see what that can do.
Look forward to it.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I was testing all the functions on my Fuji S2 Pro which arrived today...everything was going well until I tried testing the flash; it didn’t fire. So I tried again. And again. And again. And then I heard a pop and smelled the unmistakable scent of exploded capacitor. The flash capacitor blew up inside the camera, but thankfully didn’t damage a single other function. I look forward to getting out soon with it. A quick look at the images it produces is impressive.

Photo unrelated-

Last edited:

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I was testing all the functions on my Fuji S2 Pro which arrived today...everything was going well until I tried testing the flash; it didn’t fire. So I tried again. And again. And again. And then I heard a pop and smelled the unmistakable scent of exploded capacitor. The flash capacitor blew up inside the camera, but thankfully didn’t damage a single other function. I look forward to getting out soon with it. A quick look at the images it produces is impressive.

Photo unrelated-
View attachment 876133
Lovely photo though.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
D20_0016_P.jpg

D20_0014_P.jpg

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Last couple from my LZ10 compact zoom from 2013.
1310-26 Greengrocer 1.jpg
1311-08 Towy view.jpg

SprocketTheCat

Mu-43 Regular
A few shots from my trusty little LX3

P1000482_01.jpg
P1000504_04.jpg
P1000516_01.jpg

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Lovely shots, Brian.

Did that fellow really buy his jumper leads at the fruit & veg shop?
Actually, I think he was off to do some damage to his rival over the road:
1310-27 Greengrocer 2.jpg

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
Photo's from the Nikon D200 taken at Brands hatch, 2007/8
DSC_0147.JPG
DSC_0003.jpg
10mp
DSC_0027.jpg

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Yeah, it's simple, and flowers are easy. Just getting out with the new-to-me K10D.

KMGTFlower_72.jpg

Pentax-A 35-105; probably at about 90mm. 50% center crop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom