Share your Images from CCD sensor cameras, all brands

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Kaore au i te rite mo tera.
You guys have really good CCD photos. I am not interested in getting a CCD Pentax K-something.

I have here some 480p images of our 2007 Rotorua Trip using a 6MP Fujifilm F470 P&S. I had to resort ot the lowest resolution because I put in a 256MB card instead of the 1GB one.

Taken inside the car
eoXGjmr.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kEMerge.jpg

Inside a gondola
Yx4NqHV.jpg

Rotorua mud pool park
9CJDVUW.jpg

QXvE0Ux.jpg

YN5BSCy.jpg

zmlLJR5.jpg

Afternoon sun
WuEbwjA.jpg

The other images have family members as scale.

Last edited:

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
I remember paying about AUD$150 for a 512 MB CF card in about 2005.
Man, how times have changed.

Again using the Fujifilm F470 at Greenvale Reservoir in 2007. We had a picnic with the relatives there and these are the only shots when I didn't use them as scale.
6qv4C76.jpg

p1rlBxv.jpg

Here are grainy photos in 2007 during a racing event and the camera I had with me was my 2005 Sony Ericsson K750i with the CCD sensor. The camera was so-so but the DAC in that phone was just a gem. My fastest shutter speed that time was 1/30sec and the lowest at 1/5sec when I was taking photos of the Bel-airs. I had to play dead to stabilise my shots. These are just for my archiving purposes I forgot to bring the F470 that day/night. The camera captured the moment, I guess?

SS between 1/25sec and 1/30sec:
K3i9mE7.jpg

12ebFlg.jpg

dpUoidi.jpg

qusg3kD.jpg

yFhTSW4.jpg

SS @ 1/5sec:
7aJZ7FO.jpg

0SjHxQt.jpg

Here is a hedgehog that just stood in the middle of the road. It used the K750i again on this one.
PGv1S9K.jpg

Our first digital camera was the Fujifilm A310 P&S and took many photos with it but my backup is in some CDs in the storage. There aren't that much there as we shot film much more than digital that time. The only important photos in that backup are the ones of my 1972 candy blue Volkswagen Beetle with the cream white interior, open exhaust and racing dishes.

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
I still fondly remember my first decent phone camera: Sony Ericsson K800i.
Ah the K800i. I remember viewing it when it was released and found that the camera was behaving like Sony's point and shoots. Now, I am thinking that feeling might have been some sort of a foreshadowing of smartphones cannibalising the lower-end cameras' sales today.

Mine definitely had a 2MP CCD sensor as it was bought in the fourth quarter of 2005, when the CCD ones were installed/put instead of the CMOS ones. It was also in the specs sheet of the manual. I must have saved the manual here somewhere. I remember discussing about the reason for the sensor switch in a local forum and we just ended up guessing (like today).

It's kind of trivial how Sony Ericsson changed the sensors from CMOS to CCD for a fourth quarter release of the K750i, then changed back to CMOS for the K800i.

And I too love the hedgehog.
Wonderful cute spiky creatures!
They truly are. What I like about them is that they are too kind to pose for a photo before rolling (or walking) away. Cheers.

John King

Member of SOFA
Cameraderie.org or Beaumaris, Melbourne, Australia
Real Name
John ...
If anyone is interested, I have uploaded a set of ~60+ images in pairs that clearly show the differences between old and new processed images from my Nikon Coolpix E5000 from 2003.

I have resized the new files to 1024x1024 to match the size of the originally converted images.

Images processed with Adobe CC have a filename suffix "_New".

Images processed in 2007 with (probably) CS2 have a suffix of "_Old"

Feel free to download all the images for private use and comparison.

If there is any interest, I can easily zip all the files for download, but it will be quite large (several hundred MBs).

Individual files are here:

https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/Photography/Montsalvat_Examples/

I recommend using FastStone Viewer for comparing each pair (sorry, Apple users ... I'm not, really :rofl: ). Turn on colour management in preferences.

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sorry for doubting you!
No problems, at all. Many people during that time, including close friends who were also Sony admirers, couldn't believe that my K750i had the CCD. They were shocked when they saw the specs sheet in the manual.

How was the battery life?
It was OK. With my regular use, including calls, SMS and listening to music, the battery could last a day. With the use of the 2MP camera, I could only make less than 120 shots before I had to recharge it. The CCD sensor was really power-hungry. Cheers.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
If there is any interest, I can easily zip all the files for download, but it will be quite large (several hundred MBs).

Individual files are here:

https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/Photography/Montsalvat_Examples/
Maybe it's me. But when going to your slide show link above, I'll have to open images in separate tabs to then check the URL for _Old/_New...
Much to much work for me. Zip gives me the opportunity to have filenames in plain sight, and pictures beside each other in separate viewing windows.
So, John, if you don't mind? And please don't involve Google drive! A plain download link on the page you linked to above would be nice. Download of a couple hundred MB is accomplished with one click.
Yes. I'm lazy.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
These were all taken with the Lumix LZ10 compact zoom camera that cost £99 back in 2009.
My dear old Mum bought it for me as a retirement present to use when I was cycle touring, rather than lug the FZ30 around.
For such a tiny camera it handled all sorts of lighting conditions and was a real joy to use, until I smashed the screen getting into a car one day.
1012-41 Painted gate, Rocksavage.JPG
1012-47 Runcorn bridge & Ship canal.JPG
1103-16 Ledbury.JPG

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Pentax K100D w/Itorex f:2.8/28 mm
IMGP0066-01.jpeg

f:5.6 @ISO200

Last edited:

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
No problems, at all. Many people during that time, including close friends who were also Sony admirers, couldn't believe that my K750i had the CCD. They were shocked when they saw the specs sheet in the manual.

It was OK. With my regular use, including calls, SMS and listening to music, the battery could last a day. With the use of the 2MP camera, I could only make less than 120 shots before I had to recharge it. The CCD sensor was really power-hungry. Cheers.
Jeez, my old phone would run 5x 14 hour days, and still have 20% battery, my new one runs 7x 14 hour days and still has 20%.

I hate phones that need daily charging, or, in the case of some Apple models, lunch ...

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Maybe it's me. But when going to your slide show link above, I'll have to open images in separate tabs to then check the URL for _Old/_New...
Much to much work for me. Zip gives me the opportunity to have filenames in plain sight, and pictures beside each other in separate viewing windows.
So, John, if you don't mind? And please don't involve Google drive! A plain download link on the page you linked to above would be nice. Download of a couple hundred MB is accomplished with one click.
Yes. I'm lazy.
Will do it today or tomorrow, mate.

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jeez, my old phone would run 5x 14 hour days, and still have 20% battery, my new one runs 7x 14 hour days and still has 20%.

I hate phones that need daily charging, or, in the case of some Apple models, lunch ...
Yes, my work iPhone now takes daily lunch at least. Now I have converted my personal phone to a Nokia 3310, which is extremely tiny and only needs charging every 18 days even with calls and texts (with the keypad, of course)! It's not connected to the internet and I like it.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Yes. I'm lazy.
Erik (and any others), the file is about 53MB, and will download as soon as you click on the link. The web page will give an error message. Look at your DOWNLOAD folder for the filename. The ZIP file is here:

https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/Downloadable_Files/General_Photography/Montsalvat_Examples.zip

Latest threads

Top Bottom