Share your Golden Hour & Blue Hour Photos

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
P4240374_DxO_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sunset, Zanzibar
P5116943.jpg

billca

Mu-43 Veteran
No leaves yet
P5020355_DxO-1.jpg

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
W0LF3412-Pano-Edit.JPG

"Good night"

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Pembrey Country Park, Carmarthenshire.
2104-87-TG5.jpg

TwoShoes

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
This seems like the place to share these sunrise shots.

Sunrise over the Mountain.jpg

Sunrise up close.jpg

Sunrise over the Cascades.jpg

TwoShoes

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
May I ask why f 22, that would soften the image quite a bit because of difraction, you seemed to have plenty of room in the shutter speed to stay at f 8.

Honestly, I had never shot the sunrise with this lens before. I went to f 22 because I was trying to limit the light coming in and I'm very new to photography. Looking back, I jumped out of the truck, grabbed the zoom lens, and set up the tripod quickly to try and catch the sun coming up over the mountains and tried to figure it out on the spot. I couldn't really tell you what should be used and why for shots like these. I was out to make an attempt at a milky way shot when I saw this view from the side of the road up to the top of the mountain. Thank you for the tip, I'll use F 8 next time I'm out for the sunrise.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Honestly, I had never shot the sunrise with this lens before. I went to f 22 because I was trying to limit the light coming in and I'm very new to photography. Looking back, I jumped out of the truck, grabbed the zoom lens, and set up the tripod quickly to try and catch the sun coming up over the mountains and tried to figure it out on the spot. I couldn't really tell you what should be used and why for shots like these. I was out to make an attempt at a milky way shot when I saw this view from the side of the road up to the top of the mountain. Thank you for the tip, I'll use F 8 next time I'm out for the sunrise.
I would think that with that camera and lens you could go hand held with f8. I am not sure about how IBIS and OIS works for that lens (Dual IS?), but with the faster shutter speeds with f8 you should be able to get the shot without tripod. Dual IS usually gives you maybe 6 stops from the usual 1/focal length for shutter speed for hand holding, one of the nice benefits of Dual IS. (Don't remember if it is called that in Oly cameras.)

Antikytherapy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Killian
Shot earlier in the month. Didn't have my ND filter or tripod with me so just put the camera on a rock and hoped for the best.. F22 made it a bit soft but I'll know better for next time!
050821_83.jpg

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Great first attempts then, it's easy to forget about the exposure settings when one gets excited or in the spur of a moment (*cough* shooting wildlife at 1/15th sec or even birds in flight at 1/50th and wondering WTF *cough* ... I think I need a cough medicine and a hammer to the head sometimes :p ). With Micro Four Thirds it's very easy to shoot hand-held, compare to larger formats because most of the cameras have IBIS and they are very lightweight (less camera shake from the weight of the setup). Given that you shot using the latest and greatest E-M1 Mark III that one has 7 stops of Built-In Image Stabilization so you can go as low as 1/25th at the longest end of your Oly super-zoom and still get decently sharp images. Also, you don't need to worry about DoF as much with Micro Four Thirds, at f 5.6 you have plenty of Depth of Field (how much there is in focus) for landscape and even at f 8 pretty much EVERYTHING will be in focus (you don't have to fallow "the old rules" of shooting at f 16 or f 22 for landscapes).

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
From my terrace at 2245 this evening:

Sunset-2.jpg

TwoShoes

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
P5220035.jpg

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
W0LF5779-Edit.JPG

"Spotlight"

W0LF5787.JPG

"Light and shadow"

W0LF5789.JPG

"Contrast, sharpness and wall test"

W0LF5794-Edit.JPG

"Business in the shadows"

W0LF5806-Edit.JPG

"End of times ... for today"

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sunrise over the Spires of Toledo, Spain
2021-06-10_05-38-45_01.jpg

mcgillro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Few from Clive late this afternoon.
P6120015-HDR(5).jpg
P6120018.jpg
P6120028.jpg
P6120050-HDR(5).jpg
P6120055-HDR(5).jpg

mcgillro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Clive today. Technically a fail - five shot HDR, but I've obviously moved the camera, and love the effect :)
P6130010-HDR(5).jpg

Starfungi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Brian
Taken at Penong Windmill Museum Australia at sunset. Fantastic golden hour lasted so long and one of my best shoots on the Australia Trip 2019
P1050576 cropped and the golden hour.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom