Share your giant panoramas!

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Panorama-10-FrameShop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Steveee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Just seen this thread, remembered I couldn't work out how to stitch "panorama" shots together but took a couple anyway while on holiday recently, not a "giant" one but it is my very first attempt at the stitching using Olympus Viewer 3. And enhanced using nothing grander than the windows 10 photo app!

Alpe Di Siuse Panorama (2).jpg

I'll try and find some others now I know how to do it!

TeeLehti

Mu-43 Veteran
P7210033-2-Pano.jpg

Just before the thunderstorm in lake Oulujärvi, in Finland.
Three-image panorama.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II + Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO

EricRose

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eric Rose
Tower Lake_Panorama 1200.jpg

Tower Lake, Banff National Park. Panasonic G85, 14-42 lens. Two image stitch.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Here is one I did from Cahill's Lookout in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, NSW. The view includes the Boars Head on the left. I used ten images & stitched in Hugin Pano maker (& Capture One 10 to change from tif to jpeg). The sky wasn't all that interesting, but I needed to test my skills (& equipment) on doing another panorama.

Cahill's Lookout Pano.jpg

Now full size is on Flickr.
Cahills Lookout Pano by Ross, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jock Elliott

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jock Elliott
Just seen this thread, remembered I couldn't work out how to stitch "panorama" shots together but took a couple anyway while on holiday recently, not a "giant" one but it is my very first attempt at the stitching using Olympus Viewer 3. And enhanced using nothing grander than the windows 10 photo app!

View attachment 665777
I'll try and find some others now I know how to do it!

I use ICE -- Image Composite Editor -- which is a free download from Microsoft. It is really very easy to use and apparently isn't very sophisticated (but neither am I!)

Cheers, Jock

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Five shot in portrait it appears water can be tricky to blend.LR does a nice job!
custom settings-22.jpg

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
This one is nothing special on the laptop but upon zooming you can spot buffalo,and horses which might be nice in print!
custom settings-32.jpg

Real Name
Todd Cleaver
Molas Pass Colorado
20180709_153732_GX85P1480896 Pano copyjpg80b.jpg

Jock Elliott

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jock Elliott
Panorama, shot with Pentax K5 IIS, stitched together from 10 vertical panels with ICE:

k5-frear-sunset-015_stitchb_dxo-1-jpg.jpg

Cheers, Jock

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
In July 2018 this thing opened. They call this the Road House, and it's the world's largest Chevron Gas Station (Thus, only proper to make a huge panorama of it). It has 96 pumps and a huge shopping center like convenience store. Located in Jean NV, it sits directly across a older Chevron Gas Station with 12 pumps. If you zoom in you can see a lady and the 12 pump Chevron across the street. Shot with G9 and 12-35 at f/2.8. 8 shot panorama hand held.
Perhaps not the best lighting for the area, but at 3:45 AM it was the best time to take the photo. My car is the only one in the gas station at pump #96.
Chevron Station.jpg

Last edited:

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Are those the actual clouds? (time lapse or shutter drag count)

They looked to be stringy high cirrus clouds. Might be some other things too that happened when stitching as I walked the cliffs while shooting them so the clouds looked to be coming out of a central area as I circled the hill. So you are partly right in saying it is a time lapse since it took me a while to walk it while the clouds moved. Stitching had to be done manually since I wasn't in one spot too long as it was hot and no cooling wind.

I also added a bit of Topaz Glow as well to the clouds which accentuated them and made the sky darker as well as some of the dirt and rocks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom