Share your Flickrs + discuss mu-43 Flickr group

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by vincechu, Apr 16, 2010.

1. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Hey everyone,

Thought it would be nice to share our Flickrs with each other, perhaps we can even add each other as contacts/friends so here's mine: - feel free to add me but let me know you're from mu-43 ;-)

(I'll have to admit it's a bit empty though... :wink: also I need to post some of the photos there on the forums here sometime :) )

Finally I was wondering what everyone thought about a Flickr group?

Here's my ideas:

For: 1. It could attract Flickr users to our the forums 2. perhaps allows us to share more of our photos 3. the group image pool could allow us to have one big batch of photos and could help with bandwidth here?

One strong point against a group I'm worried it'll divert attention away from the forums to Flickr, as Flickr has a discussion board section in its group pages

In any case I think Amin and the mods should have the final decision about a mu-43 flickr group :)
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Vincechu, I have my link in my signature line:

I'm not too sure about a Flickr group, but I certainly have quite a few contacts on my Flickr account that I've met here.:biggrin:
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Please don't start a "" group on Flickr. It makes it sound like an official part of this site and is redundant in a way that I don't think would help us. There are already quite a few MFT groups on Flickr to choose from.
  5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I agree with Amin. Maybe you can start a group of some kind here on site....